Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pizza Delivery
    Grrrrr, I miss Ft Myers!! I moved away last year after 25 years.
    Rick
    06 Rocket III (no longer Mulberry) SE
    96 Viper supercharged
    98 Corvette vert
    70 Boss 302 faux
    "With great power come great responsibility"

SW Florida (originally Northern Minnesota) '06 Rocket Classic
    Hey there, sorry for the absence. Life and all. Anyway, should be a pretty good event. Only thing that hurts turnout is temperatures down towards 70 and lower (wimps.) Forecast shows high of 77 that day.

In Fort Myers, I'd recommend the Crowne Plaza at the Bell Tower. The hotels closer to downtown or "The River District" are not in the best of neighborhoods. The CP is also right next to several shops and eateries and just a few blocks from my place. If you're looking into a more exotic locale, there is Ft. Myers Beach that has several places to stay (Pink Shell would be my choice,) then there's Sanibel and Captiva Islands (toll bridge.) On Sanibel I would recommend Casa Ybel or the Sanbel Inn. On Captiva, I would recommend Tween Waters since old South Seas doesn't allow motorcycles on property. There is also the Country Inn & Suites that is almost to Sanibel that is very nice, but further away from downtown.

Lots of women of low morality. Hell, this is South Florida.

Local Triumph dealer will have their tent up. Harley will have several. I'll be at the ABATE tent which will have the more noticable "Bruce L Scheiner" banner (who is a financial sponsor.) However, if anybody shows, we can meet up before heading downtown. I'll include my cell number in pm's.

ATM

Street Champion
    Ughh....I'm on the fence, since the beast needs an oil change (this morning at Pure Triumph @ 10:00) but I'll see, and if I go, I'll call you for sure...
    "I'm not dead, dammit; I'm just in Virginia!!"

I'd like to remind everybody that the next date of this event is Saturday the 19th of January. That's next week from today.

ATM

Street Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ATMofMN
    I'd like to remind everybody that the next date of this event is Saturday the 19th of January. That's next week from today.
    ATM
    Ha! Verrrrryyy funnah

ATM-do you mind if I post over in general to scare up a few more folks...? I don't think many people come here to look...

Post away!

ATM

This is only 4 hours? Anything else to do in mean time? It's 177+ miles from my abode and bringing the missuss so would have to entertain her if we got there early. No, that doesn't mean shopping either.
    It Only Hurts For A Little While...

07' Pacific Blue/New England White Classic with D&D pipes

Street Champion
    Ft. Meyers is located near the ocean, so beaches and a new river walk, etc. is there. From my brief research it would be a fun weekend, and I'm sure ATM knows of some good riding spots.

I'll MTL be getting in Friday around 3:00, allowing for a quick shine and a full day of motoring all day Saturday into the event.

Besides, when was the last time a bunch of Rocketeers got together in Florida? And yet we have at least 10 active members located within 150 miles of each other!

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDave
    Ft. Meyers is located near the ocean, so beaches and a new river walk, etc. is there. From my brief research it would be a fun weekend, and I'm sure ATM knows of some good riding spots.

I'll MTL be getting in Friday around 3:00, allowing for a quick shine and a full day of motoring all day Saturday into the event.

Besides, when was the last time a bunch of Rocketeers got together in Florida? And yet we have at least 10 active members located within 150 miles of each other!
    Hey I'm in, just now making arrangements for the rugrat. But won't be in until Saturday; hoprfully noonish.
    It Only Hurts For A Little While...

07' Pacific Blue/New England White Classic with D&D pipes

When I work the day shift on the weekends (next month,) all I hear all day is the sound of bikes going past the plant. Sanibel and Captiva are interesting places to go on a bike. A ride down Ft. Myers Beach down to Bonita Springs, then back up Treeline is a nice loop.

Got the gears turning now.

ATM