Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm not in on a Rocket yet! Notice I say yet, but in 2007, on the trip back from Sturgis, I did on a 2003 Road King with 95 cubic inch, Screaming Eagle heads, 10 1/2 comp pistons, S.E. ignition, Sturgis to San Antonio, Texas, 1370 miles, in 22 hours including food, fuel stops.

Longest total trip has been 7,610 miles done in two weeks from San Antonio to the East Coast, up the East Coast to Maine to eat lobster, to the West Coast and home. My ass felt like hamburger when I got home. Too many miles in too short a time. Done in 2005.

Native One
    "Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -- Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee

Pizza Delivery
    North Dakota is not an ideal starting location for a coast to coast trip haha.
    The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Street Champion
    NativeOne that is an awesome ride. My son and I did something close, 7,500 miles in 17 days. But I was on the RIII and I think that is easier to cover the miles than a Road King. The King has the comfort, but I have never ridden one for a long day. I have been passed by guys on Harley's when I thought I was already moving at a pretty good clip, so I guess with experience you could rack up some serious miles in a single day. I think most would be hard pressed to keep up that pace on a V-Twin.
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeOne
    I'm not in on a Rocket yet! Notice I say yet, but in 2007, on the trip back from Sturgis, I did on a 2003 Road King with 95 cubic inch, Screaming Eagle heads, 10 1/2 comp pistons, S.E. ignition, Sturgis to San Antonio, Texas, 1370 miles, in 22 hours including food, fuel stops.

Longest total trip has been 7,610 miles done in two weeks from San Antonio to the East Coast, up the East Coast to Maine to eat lobster, to the West Coast and home. My ass felt like hamburger when I got home. Too many miles in too short a time. Done in 2005.

Native One
    And we all thought that N1 was just another Pretty Face.

My cross country ride remains one of the best things I ever did. I am already planning for the next one.
    Mike

USN, Retired

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.

Street Champion
    Me too. This thread got me thinking about it. What I liked and what I didn't. The planning is important.
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFan
    NativeOne that is an awesome ride. My son and I did something close, 7,500 miles in 17 days. But I was on the RIII and I think that is easier to cover the miles than a Road King. The King has the comfort, but I have never ridden one for a long day. I have been passed by guys on Harley's when I thought I was already moving at a pretty good clip, so I guess with experience you could rack up some serious miles in a single day. I think most would be hard pressed to keep up that pace on a V-Twin.
    In all honesty, set up the way you want to set one up, you can ride a Road King all day long and really not get too tired. I had Accutronix forward controls plus a moustache bar with footpegs. Then I also had rear passenger pegs which were extended forward so I had 3 places to place my feet. I had a Corbin gunfighter seat with a backrest and with the engine work it would run 90 to 95 mph all day long without much vibration. I had an adjustable windshield that raised and lowered 3 inches, but no fairing. It was lowered front and rear also.

Native One
    "Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -- Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee

Quote Originally Posted by Gasket
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeOne

Native One
    And we all thought that N1 was just another Pretty Face.

My cross country ride remains one of the best things I ever did. I am already planning for the next one.
    LMFAO, pretty face indeed. Um, I'd love to be invited to ride with you my friend.

Native One

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxJuggernaut
    Quote Originally Posted by dublflush
    Get your seat and handle bars right, and its as comfy as anything out there. Oh ,maybe get rid of stock rear shocks too.

Sounds good.

p.s. your toilet with a tongue avatar pic grosses me out haha.
    My wife says its very childish to use this avatar. But that is the perfect toilet to use after a 1000 mile day in the saddle! Very soothing on the hemmaroids!

Hello it is not only in USA that you have iron butt .
    I am from North of France and in June 2008 I went to North Kapp
    8500 KM in 10 days coming back by the german Rocket Treffen
    as you can see on http://www.rocket-3.org/viewtopic.ph...=3150&forum=38
    Even if you dont read french you can go and see , there are a lot of pics !
    Vos bécanes sont des veaux tandis que moi je Triumph !

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Thats a good ride!!!!