Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Street Champion

Order of Lewis and Clark

[b]R3OWNERS "Order of Lewis and Clark"

What better spot in our forum to recognize those members who really ride the RIII? At the Tahoe Salvo in July 2008 we wanted to recognize the significant number of Captains who rode their Rocket's across the country to attend our event. I arbitrarily defined "across the country" as anyone who has ridden the RIII East from the Western side of the Continental Divide to any of the Eastern Seaboard States. (No surprise, this includes me, but hey! it was my idea!) Or anyone who has ridden West, from the Eastern shore of the Mississippi to the Pacific Coast States, (Calif, Ore, Wash).

I regret that I didn't have a clue how to include some of our members who have racked up some very serious miles without meeting the definition and I didn't give it the thought that this deserved. I promise to help rectify this in the future.

We were also honored to have members who traveled all the way from Canada to attend, but got nothing but a handshake and a, "here, fill out a name tag". We need to rectify this also, as they were most welcome and appreciated. (Even if Marc Rook had no clue about name tags!

Apologies completed, I must recount that we have established the R3Owners, "Order of Lewis and Clark" for those who have crossed this country on an RIII. Below is a loose transcription of the comments I made to introduce this award at Lake Tahoe. At least this is what I meant to say.

"Motorcyclists all respect someone who rides. It doesn’t matter if you ride a sport bike, a BMW, a panhead or ‘Wing; all the bullshit stops when you confront someone who has gone the distance. The embarrassment of the “bikerâ€Â
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Street Champion
    #1 Martin Sechrist (Turbofan)
    June 2007 from Orange County Calif to Gallup NM to Denver CO to Grand Island Nebraska, to Chelsea Michigan, to Port Clinton, Ohio, to Buffalo NY, to Syracuse and the fine folks at Destiny Cycle who had tires and oil waiting for us. We brought our own filter for the Ducati. Then to Americade, at Lake George in the Adriondikes. Then Roanoke WV and Deals Gap, then Birmingham Alabama and the Barber Motorsports museum. Then to Little Rock, AK and Santa Rosa NM and then home. Total of 7,556 miles.

#2 Steve Secrest (Pegasus)

My Lewis and Clark ride was...shipped the bike to Rochester, NY then flew in and rode to Lake George, NY then the Maine coast then Mystic Seaport, Ct then Long Island, NY then the PA Salvo then Washington, DC then down the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Great Smoky Mtm Natl Park then Deals Gap and TN then down Georgia to Jacksonville, FL then Miami then to the Gulf Coast and followed the coast all the way to Houston then across Texas, NM, AZ and home to No. California = 7741 miles Cool

#3 Trey Way

Treys route:
    I did 11,000 miles on my Rocket III Classic from Seattle to LA, to Vegas, to St. George, UT, to Lake Powell, to Grand Canyon, to Flagstaff, to Sedona, AZ, to Globe, AZ, to Alamogordo, NM, to Carlsbad, NM, to Austin, TX, to New Orleans, LA, to Tallahassee, FL, to Boca Raton, FL, to Valdosta, GA, to Atlanta, GA, to Louisville, KY to New Stanton, PA to Englishtown, NJ, to New York, NY, to Montgomery, NY to Bennington, VT to Lake Placid, NY, to Watertown, NY, to Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, to Marquette, Michigan, to Minneapolis, MN, to Rapid City, SD to Cody, WY, to Bozeman, MT, to Seattle, WA

We stopped in lots of places for multiple days in some places, overall it was a 37 day trip, and just about 11,000 miles.

By the way, I had to get a new rear tire overnighted to Rapid City SD, I had a flat the day we were to leave, and the tire looked to have plenty of tread left. When they took the tire off, it was paper thin in the middle, you could have pushed your finger through it, I was lucky. Don't go by the wear indicators, or the tread depth left on the rear, it will get you into trouble, I for one will never go past 9000 miles without changing the rear again...

#4 Andy Brodis and Theresa (Ogre)

I know he has ridden many long distance rides, but I think this is his first transcontinental rides on a Rocket. He was the appointed “Ride Naziâ€Â
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

I gess i'm in

Michel 140cubicinches

In 06 I've quit the job got home and sleep for 2 weeks and
    one after noon took my rocket III and The trailer and left Montréal QC to Fort Francis ON
    1251 ± miles 2013 ± klm 26 hour after i took a room there

Than sturgis SD,Salt Lake City UT,Denver CO One rear tire,
    Zion Park UT 128 F degres down in the pit to St Goerge UT
    From there by night trought Las-Vegas NV
    twice the speed limite for ««ALL TRAILERS »»to Los angeles CA
    5 days off got a front tire there and met MANY rocket owner and TurboFan in Yorba Linda CA fix my sick rocket and WOW WEEEEEE
    From there Reno NV oil change and Tahoe NV CA return to Los Angeles CA an oder 5 days off
    than San francisco CA,ignition switch us 1 50 miles north found and fix it my self
    got back to San Francisco CA no servoce there Eugene OR same thing there
    than to Portland OR dealer great service there had the switch ship to Seattle WA got a other key
    2 days after repair done to Vancouver BC no tire availeble there
    Than come the cold weather starts 32f to 40f for the rest of the trip
    got to Calgary AB got a rear tire there but
    had left all of my other keys in Golden BC 171 miles back
    Had a locksmith made a new gaz tank key with a YUGO yougoslave key
    fill up the tank and got back to Golden BC than Regina SK stuck 2 days there the cold and flue etc
    3½ days after Montréal QC

16000± miles 26000± klm in 49 days

I was about to do it this year and shit happend

V-MAX 1998
    ROCKET III 2008
    ROCKET ❌ 2015 #107# 🇨🇦 1 of 10 🇨🇦

Despatch Rider
    Michel, I met you in 2006 at Knowlwood's in Anaheim. I loved your cool single wheel trailer that you towed all the way from Montreal. Man, that was some rig.

Sorry that you couldn't make the Tahoe Salvo. Doc would have bought you a beer.

Curt
    Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.

Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

tell me if i'm rong but it's ROC3KET

V-MAX 1998
    ROCKET III 2008
    ROCKET ❌ 2015 #107# 🇨🇦 1 of 10 🇨🇦

Despatch Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 140cubicinches
    tell me if i'm rong but it's ROC3KET
    That's me!
    Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.

Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

I have to make a small correction here I did do 6335 miles across the country and back but the closest we came to an iron but was 780 in a day on the way home. I don't want to take credit for something I didn't do I have great respect for those of you that did
    06 r3 classic sunset red-black- 70 trophy 500 chopper - 07 america - 66 trophy 500 hardtail chopper

June 07- Pensacola, Fl to Green Bay, WI. Three day lay over and then on to Seattle, WA...

How could you forget Doc?
    Mike

USN, Retired

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.

G'day,

I'm not sure if this would count:

Day 1 - Baltimore, Maryland to D.C. to just short of Indianapolis - 550 miles
    Day 2 - to North Platte, Nebraska - 950 miles
    Day 3 - to Denver, Colorado - 280 miles
    Day 4 - Mt Evans, 14,264' - 180 mile round trip
    Day 5 - Day of rest
    Day 6 - Flagstaff, Arizona - 710 miles
    Day 7 - LA, California - 500 miles
    Total - 3,170 miles

The return trip starts on Sunday when I get back from Oz. It should be about 3,370 miles, via Sturgis, South Dakota.

What took you so long to cross the country?
    TOR's...They sound as good as I remember...they're grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Just a little further, I want to see what's around that corner.

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger--Rod Stewart