Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bilbao to Jaca

take A-15 (shown above in bottom right) into Pamplona

then take N-240 to Jaca

close-up of some of the "good" parts.

Maybe go a little farther on day 5 and shorten day 6 a little?

Having ridden to the costa del sol from Blackpool for the past 2 years im watching this thread with Considerable interest...unsure if I can participate as yet as the dates coincide with the college's enrolment period where annual leave is banned (unfortunately by myself!)... Can't commit at present but deffo following the thread ... dunno how the bay of biscay will be like in September ! But the beer ain't too bad and you get to see whales and dolphins
    Installing a Dakota MCV-7400 Digital Gauge

It's always nice to meet nice people...........Wirral 2010...

Me and Linda could be very interested in going on this trip if that was ok. The dates suit me but I would need to know when soon so we could book our hols in at work. It would mean a bit of a haul down for the ferry and the same going back but I would add 2 days at each end no probs.

I'll be adding two days onto the beginning and one on the end to visit old friends in Fareham, Hants. I'll probably give Mondo a knock too.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

I shall be contacting the ferry company and Nomad before the end of the week, to get exact dates sorted.

Once those are done & set in stone, I will work out the evening stopovers & routes.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

OK - quick straw poll please.

In order to get max berths at Nomads on days 6 & 7 of our 8 day trip, it will be necessary to alter my original preferred date a bit.

Two choices now.

(1) 1st to 8th September or

(2) 8th to 15th September

Makes no difference to me, so let me know here or on Bikes & Mates forum if anyone has a preference for one or the other by Sunday 17th January, then I will contact Nomad.
    IBA # 51221

Barry Sheene

8th to the 15th for me

OK - Nomads place is filling up on that 2nd week - executive decision - our departure date from UK will be on Wednesday 1st. September, return to UK on Wednesday 8th September.

We will be staying at Nomad & Wendy's on the evenings of Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th September.

I'm about to mail Nomad and book my berth - suggest you all do the same - first come, first served.

http://ridersrest.eu/default.aspx
    IBA # 51221

Barry Sheene

Have been on to Brittany Ferries for some info on prices.

We can get a better deal if we have 10 bikes or over, and book all of them in one hit, but frankly, I don’t think that is going to happen, so I’ve gone for the simpler options.

ROUTE OUT: Portsmouth to Santander departs 1100 hrs UK time Wednesday 1st September, docks in Santander at 1200 hrs Spanish time on 2nd. September.

RETURN: Caen to Portsmouth departs 1630 hrs French time Wednesday 8th September, docks in Portsmouth 2115 hrs UK time.

Price for 2 people sharing an inside cabin out, no cabin homeward + 2 bikes £270.50 each (return)

Price for 2 people sharing an inside cabin out, no cabin homeward + 1 bike £414 per couple (return)

Price for 1 person in inside cabin out, no cabin homeward + 1 bike £318 (return)

You can negotiate your own deal with Brittany Ferries and vary the route/time home if you want to, as there are several channel ports to choose from, or even use Brittany Ferries out and Eurotunnel or one of the Calais ports for the return journey.

Up to you guys now to decide how you’re going to travel & who with, and make your own arrangement – the above is just a guide to what the prices are.

Brittany Ferries can be contacted on 0871 244 0744 or http://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/home
    IBA # 51221

Barry Sheene