Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dirt Racer
    I gotta say that I would rather just see a "supporter" badge (or similar) WITHOUT the "gradings."
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    I gotta say that I would rather just see a "supporter" badge (or similar) WITHOUT the "gradings."
    ..I concur..
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    + 1

I know what I've given, that's enough for me. US citizens may wish to display the level of contribution, for purely cultural reasons, I think us UK and Antipodean Brethren may not want the degree of support to be broadcast. It strikes one as vulgar.

Ian, congrats on Blackpool's success mate. Enjoy.

EDIT;

I retract the US citizens reference after seeing Rkt88's post.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Well, we could just say to hell with all you people and put up banner ads like some other sites...

No matter what we do, not everyone is going to be happy. If you want to donate and don't want a badge, I can remove it from your individual profiles. Makes no difference to me.

What we're doing now is what a majority replied to on the last thread on this subject, everyone (most) wanted to just donate and not have advertisements, so that's what we've done.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

This site costs money to operate properly.. It's a great resource and can become an even greater community asset..
    Like was said, nobody is forcing anybody to "join"..
    If only a percentage of the members chipped in $20 a year (the price of a motorcycle magazine subscription) I'm sure all would be flush and happy!!
    Personally I couldn't really care about a symbol, but it's a nice touch..
    '08 Triumph Rocket III Touring (SOLD)
    '07 CBR1000RR (Fireblade) NESBA #74
    SCRC - AMA District 2 Polarbears - MSF RiderCoach
    There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Street Cruiser
    I too am curious as to the cost of running the site, I have no idea whether its $100, $1000 or $10000. Is there a chance of oversubscription?
    Victory High Ball
    Ex Owner 08 Rocket Touring B/W
    73 AT3 Yamaha 125cc Blue
    Velocette LE x 2
    Owl's award stealer

Personally, I don't care. I know that the owners took over the site to keep it running, but I, for one, hope that they are able to get a return on their investment. I can't see them retiring on what they will make from R3Owners.com. How much they make, or don't make, is not my business.

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Personally, I don't care. I know that the owners took over the site to keep it running, but I, for one, hope that they are able to get a return on their investment. I can't see them retiring on what they will make from R3Owners.com. How much they make, or don't make, is not my business.
    100% There's a lot of daily work required to support a community like this...
    '08 Triumph Rocket III Touring (SOLD)
    '07 CBR1000RR (Fireblade) NESBA #74
    SCRC - AMA District 2 Polarbears - MSF RiderCoach
    There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

My donation is in proportion to the value that I have received by the plentiful amount of information gathered from this site. It has saved me far more, measured in magnitudes, than if it wasn't available.
    -------------------------------------
    06 Triumph Rocket III
    15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Street Cruiser
    don't get me wrong, I know the time and effort put in by Bishop/Owl etc is worth its weight in gold, and apart from the tech info that is invaluable here, social activities are an extra bonus. I have no problem with helping out, I just wonder if our donations are a drop in the ocean and advertising is inevitable, or are we on track to self suffiency?
    Victory High Ball
    Ex Owner 08 Rocket Touring B/W
    73 AT3 Yamaha 125cc Blue
    Velocette LE x 2
    Owl's award stealer