Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riding Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by hegels View Post
    If I remember correctly bobebob lives in Mesa.
    Gene lives in Chandler. We got on very well at Packwood and he gave me his card with his personal information before departing. I called him about a week or so ago, leaving him a voice mail, and sent him an email. My Canadian friend who winters over him Mesa was installing a GPS on his new Triumph Adventure and it had multiple connections that he wasn't sure about. I asked Gene if he could possibly give Gord some advice but he responded to neither attempt to contact him. I hope he's OK.

Oh and BTW, I got one of those key chain cameras Steve but haven't yet activated it. I'm going to forward the email to you that I received from the ebay vender in China from whom I purchased it. He sent me a web site from which I'm supposed to download some application onto the camera. I'd like to take the thing with me to Mesa but it's got me puzzled.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

It's very easy. You don't need any special software. When I get to my real computer ill send you instructions. You'll need a micro sdhc card though
    2011 Roadster (crashed)
    2008 R3 standard (bomber bike)
    1968 Husqvarna 250t commando
    1993 Honda XR250L
    1977 Honda goldwing
    1999 VW Jetta tdi (56mpg)
    1969 Karmann ghia (mostly rust)

Mike, i would ride Arizona with you but i'm scared of Joe Arpio
    MEX TO THE MAX

Quote Originally Posted by hegels View Post
    It's very easy. You don't need any special software. When I get to my real computer ill send you instructions. You'll need a micro sdhc card though
    Got it.

Lupe, you needn't fear Sheriff Joe. You'd be under my personal protection. Besides, you're an American.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Got it.

Lupe, you needn't fear Sheriff Joe. You'd be under my personal protection.
    Also Dan Diego from the other site is going to be riding Arizona and he is a border patrol officer!!
    you think i can outrun them both? I'm not as young as i once was
    MEX TO THE MAX

Quote Originally Posted by MEXICAN View Post
    Also Dan Diego from the other site is going to be riding Arizona and he is a border patrol officer!!
    you think i can outrun them both? I'm not as young as i once was
    I wonder how many Mexicanos there are in the Border Patrol. I know that there are many. I'll tell you a funny story one day about the time in 2005 that I made an unintentional incursion fairly deep into Mexico. A few files west of the Calexico/Mexicali border. I was "caught" upon my return by a Border Patrol agent, a former Army sergeant and of Mexican descent. He saw the DoD sticker on my windshield which opened the conversation. I chatted with him for quite some time, mostly about military stuff.

And I suspect that you'd be under the "protection" of Dan Diego too.
    Mike

USN, Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    I wonder how many Mexicanos there are in the Border Patrol. I know that there are many. I'll tell you a funny story one day about the time in 2005 that I made an unintentional incursion fairly deep into Mexico. A few files west of the Calexico/Mexicali border. I was "caught" upon my return by a Border Patrol agent, a former Army sergeant and of Mexican descent. He saw the DoD sticker on my windshield which opened the conversation. I chatted with him for quite some time, mostly about military stuff.

And I suspect that you'd be under the "protection" of Dan Diego too.
    I would love to hear the story when you come and visit, enjoying a good cup of coffee or a beer of your choice, will get all the local captains fron 300 miles around and will show you our ridding grounds, in the mean time, have fun and enjoy Arizona but above all be careful and ride safe my friend
    MEX TO THE MAX

I didn't see your last Lupe. Thank you my friend and I very much look forward to a visit next year.
    Mike

USN, Retired