Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Increase signature space?

Is there any way that the site admins can increase the current space allotted for signatures in our posts? I have more "stuff" that I would like to insert and be viewable to others. Can this increased (if possible) space be done on an individual basis, or globally across all member's signatures?
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Is there any way that the site admins can increase the current space allotted for signatures in our posts? I have more "stuff" that I would like to insert and be viewable to others. Can this increased (if possible) space be done on an individual basis, or globally across all member's signatures?
    Will, I have a couple suggestions one being if you get rid of the picture in you signature space I beleive you will ahve a lot more room. Two If you start a word file with you Ignorent list you could copy and paste it on every post you make. This way no matter how long the list gets you will always be able to post it intirely This will narrow it down to always having your USArmy service to our country in it (Very imporant and thank you for your service) and room to add all the other goodies you plan on posting which I am guessing is about your trusty steed

Quote Originally Posted by warp9.9 View Post
    Will, I have a couple suggestions one being if you get rid of the picture in you signature space I beleive you will ahve a lot more room. Two If you start a word file with you Ignorent list you could copy and paste it on every post you make. This way no matter how long the list gets you will always be able to post it intirely This will narrow it down to always having your USArmy service to our country in it (Very imporant and thank you for your service) and room to add all the other goodies you plan on posting which I am guessing is about your trusty steed
    Man, I LIKE that picture though... it most accurately depicts my crusty crankiness Would be hard to part with it

I'm hoping that we can get some more room... if that can't do it, I may consider the word file.

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Man, I LIKE that picture though... it most accurately depicts my crusty crankiness Would be hard to part with it

I'm hoping that we can get some more room... if that can't do it, I may consider the word file.
    you could also have the picture stored with the Ignorent list that way everytime you coppied the list you would also have the picture.

Have you thought about making the picture your avatar? THAT WOULD BE ANOTHER GOOD IDEA

I would have to speak with the other forum owners about this to confirm, but my initial decision would be no, and in-fact, it should probably be reduced from what it is currently set at.

Having the ability to post very long signatures, including pictures and images detracts from the purpose of the forum, images and pictures should be used as your profile pic or your avatar, not in your signature. Sort of like everything you get an email from someone, they've decided to put in some "cute" background with butterflies fluttering about and animated cats below their 3 paragraph signature that includes 15 different "motivational" quotes from someone they personally feel is important. If I had it to re-do, I'd remove bb code from the signatures and limit the length to 255 characters.

When signatures are longer than most of the actual posts made, it's not a good thing. But I will get the opinion of the 2 other owners, they may feel otherwise.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I would have to speak with the other forum owners about this to confirm, but my initial decision would be no, and in-fact, it should probably be reduced from what it is currently set at.

Having the ability to post very long signatures, including pictures and images detracts from the purpose of the forum, images and pictures should be used as your profile pic or your avatar, not in your signature. Sort of like everything you get an email from someone, they've decided to put in some "cute" background with butterflies fluttering about and animated cats below their 3 paragraph signature that includes 15 different "motivational" quotes from someone they personally feel is important. If I had it to re-do, I'd remove bb code from the signatures and limit the length to 255 characters.

When signatures are longer than most of the actual posts made, it's not a good thing. But I will get the opinion of the 2 other owners, they may feel otherwise.
    Marcus you cannot be any fairer then that. I think your impartial yet honest approach is what makes you a obvious good candidate for one of the forum owners. Please think of this as a compliment and do not let it ruin my swarthy image I have worked so hard to obtain
    Last edited by warp9.9; 10th February 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Well, I humbly beseech and prostrate myself; and am hopeful the council of forum owners will allot me a little more space. If not; at least don't take away what (i) we already have; for the love of all that this board offers to us.

Can we buy space?

21 Years Retired Army

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

i used to put my mods in my signature but quickly ran out of space lol i guess i wont be getting any more space then..
    if it has tits or wheels, it will give you nothing but trouble (-:

We are having a virtual board meeting next month, so if anyone has any ideas about the forum, anything that you'd like to see, or see changed, feel free to either post it here, or pm either me, bishop or flydive.

No promises, other than it will be discussed.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    We are having a virtual board meeting next month, so if anyone has any ideas about the forum, anything that you'd like to see, or see changed, feel free to either post it here, or pm either me, bishop or flydive.

No promises, other than it will be discussed.
    More naked beauties

Oh and Tom I just took another round of Oxycontin 1 hour ago so it is hitting me now. No need to remind me to take more