Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    I thought that's what we were doing here. Discussing a possible technical option.

Its a shame that you see it as whimpering and pant wetting time .

You don't know me and its no skin off my nose .

Paul
    I think what Will was saying was 'if you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen'. Wasn't a pop at you.

Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    So, you're all for unrestricted flamethrowing, Will?
    No. I am not for unrestricted Phil. What I am advocating is letting two distinct parties get to a point; without others interfering with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kremmen View Post
    I thought that's what we were doing here. Discussing a possible technical option.

Its a shame that you see it as whimpering and pant wetting time .

You don't know me and its no skin off my nose .

Paul
    And with that attitude Paul; throw down your hand and go home. Or stay and converse. You may learn something. About us.
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    No. I am not for unrestricted Phil. What I am advocating is letting two distinct parties get to a point; without others interfering with it.

And with that attitude Paul; throw down your hand and go home. Or stay and converse. You may learn something. About us.
    No attitude. I am responding in kind to your opinions about people who interfere with your right to post as you wish. It seems that by posting here you feel I should be included in that category.

Hey I could be wrong.

Often am .

Paul
    RIP Danielle .

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    I think what Will was saying was 'if you don't like the heat then stay out of the kitchen'. Wasn't a pop at you.
    True dat.
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Cheers.

I will take it under advisement.

Paul
    RIP Danielle .

"No. I am not for unrestricted Phil. What I am advocating is letting two distinct parties get to a point; without others interfering with it."

That certainly is doable with throwing around personally intended insults, isn't it?

I'm comfortable either way, but you already knew that.
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Racer
    I have to chime in and say that I find the new, increased levels of moderation, unfortunate. Was there name calling? Sure. But, most of us are big boys and can either deal with each other or find another kinder and gentler P&R type place to participate.

I guess I grew up in the old Jo Momma days. Things got pretty toxic but it was damn entertaining. Things have mellowed there a bit, but not much.

Personally if I find that someone has posted something offensive I'd prefer to deal with them directly rather than have a moderator interfere.

I'm going to miss the Phil/Skip insults. But, the world has changed and I guess we all just need to get along.

As always, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

Hey, look on the bright side, Harry! We can still defecate on one another via PM, can't we?
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

It's not like you can't argue your points anymore though GPM, the only thing I see that's changed is everyone has to be a little more civil and not so childish, this is a public forum for all to use after all...some of the insults thrown about recently would never take place face to face so why do they happen here?

Anyway, I need to get my head back into using JavaScript again and then there'll be something I can provide with browser setup steps for those who choose to ignore P&R I hope...might be a few days/weeks off though. Would be better if I could work on the server side php though, I bet there's a vbulletin script for this somewhere
    Mark

HowTo Filter Out P&R Postings

Rocket III Roadster (Phantom Black)
    KTM SMT 2011 (White)
    "4 Wheels Move The Body, 2 Wheels Move The Soul"

Street Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    It's not like you can't argue your points anymore though GPM, the only thing I see that's changed is everyone has to be a little more civil and not so childish, this is a public forum for all to use after all...some of the insults thrown about recently would never take place face to face so why do they happen here?
    You can call me by name, I sign all my posts. There's nothing wrong with being civil, its having an arbitrary definition of civility enforced that chafes. Use of the forum is a choice, not a requirement. Having a little corner set aside for vigorous discussion has been exhilarating at times, perhaps it will remain so. And for the record, I tend to be much more insulting face to face than I am here.
    Last edited by GPM; 27th October 2013 at 09:51 PM.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ