Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    A very nice "Golden Oldie", Mike!

My worst auto move ever was getting rid of my '53 1/2 ton which looked almost exactly like this less the flames, plus the original chromed bumper, hood strip, running boards plus sidestacks...

[IMG]http://image.customclassictrucks.com/f/featuredvehicles/0508cct_custom_classic_trucks_readers_rides/28535909

/0508cct_02_z%2Bcustom_classic_trucks_readers_rides %2B1948_chevy_half_ton.jpg[/IMG]
    The things we do and the sweet stuff that we part with and that 53 Chev is multo sweet.

I suppose we all, that is the old fudds like Phil and Dragonman, somewhat live in the past. I really like my old truck, the clunker that is is, just as I do my old classic Triumphs, but driving that damn old thing down the road really is a trip down memory lane. It gets 10 MPG ( a friend pointed out that carburetor is a controlled gas leak), has a points ignition system, grinding gears, stiff old suspension and all. Damn but I love it.

It harkens back to simpler, better times.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Super Moderator
    Simpler, better times....indeed...+1
    Yea Baby!!!! It's only Rock n' Roll, but I like it

For sure, Mike!

Dragoneye, I did have the headlights painted to look like a nice set of perky pink nipples... it really set off the metallic royal blue body color nicely - sot of like that 9 foot tall chick in Avatar.
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    It harkens back to simpler, better times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    Simpler, better times....indeed...+1
    +1

I really miss the simpler, better times.
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Never mind the truck, I want to live among all those Pine trees!

Looks like a pretty nice place to be.
    Always give 100% (unless you're donating blood).

Street Racer
    Nice truck Mike. Sounds like the knee is due for a replacement. Since that's probably inevitable you may as well get it done and keep the truck.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

Despatch Rider
    Nice trucks guys , ...yeah simpler times
    09 Rocket Standard ..

Don't Eat Yellow Snow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqhjWVeYjik

Quote Originally Posted by GPM View Post
    Nice truck Mike. Sounds like the knee is due for a replacement. Since that's probably inevitable you may as well get it done and keep the truck.
    I was on tap for a new knee but decided to take my two old wrecked knees to the grave with me. Within the last two months one lady who I knew well since high school died from a staff infection that settled in her knee while another guy I didn't know so well met the same end. A friend of ours is now in the hospital for the same thing and whether he lives or not is still up in the air. No thanks.

Cal, I had to look at both pics to determine which one you were referring to. We live in a stunningly beautiful area. We don't have any pines that I know of but plenty of Cedar, Douglas fir, Hemlock and Alder. I didn't really know the difference between them until we moved here from Hawaii in 2002. We have a small home on an acre with about 1/3 of it wooded. We are surrounded by larger wooded multi acre parcels though. About a mile down the road is a 1000 acre preserve, Banner Forrest and some friends have 30 acres adjoining it. A mile to the east of our home is Puget Sound which has to be one of the most beautiful bodies of water in the country. We are bounded by the Cascades Mountains on to the east and the Olympics to the west.

I'll find a couple of pics and post them.

Dragoneye. I just might have to look into that hydraulic clutch mod.

Phil, until you posted that pic from Avatar I never thought I'd be attracted to a lizzard.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only pervert on this site, Mike and Doug!!! (Leaping lizards!)
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    I was on tap for a new knee but decided to take my two old wrecked knees to the grave with me. Within the last two months one lady who I knew well since high school died from a staff infection that settled in her knee while another guy I didn't know so well met the same end. A friend of ours is now in the hospital for the same thing and whether he lives or not is still up in the air. No thanks.
    Wow, that's certainly not good news. However, I'd venture to say your experience with people who've had serious problems with joint replacement is very atypical. My mother had two hips and a knee replaced, starting in her late 60's. She died last year at 90. She was still able to walk, albeit with a walker when she died. Without the joint replacements that would not have been the case.

I understand your reluctance, but if it comes down to a quality of life issue, you may want to reconsider at some point.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ