Thread: Emoticons

Emoticons

It seems I have lost the ability to add emoticon when posting or replying in the forum. Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
    The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum. ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

Here is a list of some. Apart from that, there should be a little smiley face just above the box when you are typing a reply. If they are not there, then have a look at your settings.

*\0/*

I can see them as a selection item but when i click on one it does not get put into my post. I am not very computer savy and cannot find where to fix it. I know it used to work just fine but not anymore.
    The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum. ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

Various members (including me) have experienced problems after their computer automatically updated the browser to IE 11 - if you are running this browser, that could be the problem. I changed to Chrome and all was well.

If you are running with a shitty microsoft browser - look for the broken page symbol at the top - if that is showing, click on it to view the forum in compatibility mode.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Various members (including me) have experienced problems after their computer automatically updated the browser to IE 11 - if you are running this browser, that could be the problem. I changed to Chrome and all was well.

If you are running with a shitty microsoft browser - look for the broken page symbol at the top - if that is showing, click on it to view the forum in compatibility mode.
    Thanks OWL. That fixed it. i changed to Firefox. I am not a big fan of Google's policies.

Yep, I was having a similar problem.
    I used to have a box down the R/H side of the screen to pick these from, but now I have to go to "Advanced" to see this box.
    As Ian says, there's still the smily box above the window.
    Not really a problem, just different I guess.

Emoticons and avatars are overrated anyway...

A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Will, you have that very wrong
    MEX TO THE MAX