Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by LMG View Post
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by GPM View Post
    It seems that I am at least partly to blame for the recent meltdown. If so, I sincerely apologize to everyone. I made a tongue in cheek comment that obviously deeply offended a moderator. That was certainly not my intent.

If anything I post offends anyone all they need to do is PM me and I will gladly edit the post. If a moderator finds a post offensive, by all means delete the post.

I believe a simple set of rules, evenly enforced, will be welcomed by all.
    you didnt offend me, but then I am pretty thick skinned (or is that just pretty thick?).

In my view, as the P&R section appears to consume almost all of the new posts *and* there is so much anger and venom spouted to one another *plus* this is supposed to be a motorcycle forum, I think the moderators have it spot on locking that area down whilst they sort out a way forward.

I don't come here to read about P&R, however I tolerate it as some of my friends partake of that area. I really dont like it when it turns into a running diatribe of the ins and outs of various governments political processes. If those thoughts are important to you, there are f*cking hundreds of P&R-only forums out on the internet. Go partake of them with my blessing - just not here to the extent we have seen of late.

(of course that was all my opinion).
    Regards,

-Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by GPM View Post
    It seems that I am at least partly to blame for the recent meltdown. If so, I sincerely apologize to everyone. I made a tongue in cheek comment that obviously deeply offended a moderator. That was certainly not my intent.

If anything I post offends anyone all they need to do is PM me and I will gladly edit the post. If a moderator finds a post offensive, by all means delete the post.

I believe a simple set of rules, evenly enforced, will be welcomed by all.
    harry....don't figure yo remark or any other single one trigered this.
    tha ole "1,000 cuts " thing !

always liked this sayin...."if ya ain't part a' tha solution.....then you is part a' tha problem ! "

maybe all those angered by p&r.....ought ta offer solutions......as opposed ta just bitchin bout it ?

everybody luvs free speech.....as long as it's tha speech they wanna hear .....or speak.

do i hear any solutions ?
    all my rambunctiuosness and
    misdemeanerin miscreant ways is behind me now !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hawg dawg View Post
    harry....don't figure yo remark or any other single one trigered this.
    tha ole "1,000 cuts " thing !

always liked this sayin...."if ya ain't part a' tha solution.....then you is part a' tha problem ! "

maybe all those angered by p&r.....ought ta offer solutions......as opposed ta just bitchin bout it ?

everybody luvs free speech.....as long as it's tha speech they wanna hear .....or speak.

do i hear any solutions ?
    ban cricket
    Regards,

-Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by LMG View Post
    ban cricket
    Bad boy.

As for P&R here, the content, when discussed is lively and usually engaging.

For me the bickering that leads to piss and other that leads to personal bashing has to go.

Even those that are the cause of this time out are worthy contributors to the topic.

Get over the personal hacking. it doesn't do anyone any good and it doesn't make you/them look any better.
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Yep a google search for politics and religious forums results 114,000,000 hits.

I see no reason for a motorcycle forum to change over which is what it looks like here.
    That being said of course do what you want I myself can go elsewhere!!!

Someone mentioned somewhere, there is little to explore past the PnR section since 8 out of 10 new posts are in that section, i remember when i first got here that section was actually enjoyable, one could jump into a conversation without the fear of somebody chopping you to pieces just because you did not agree with his points of view, it is sad and dangerous when you are correct and the rest of the world is wrong, one thing to remember is that the world managed to survive for a few million years without your help
    MEX TO THE MAX

I am not sure when it was different Lupe. I joined back in 2007 I believe and the P&R section was very lively back then. And I don't know anyone who believes he is right and the rest of the world wrong but rather many who have very strong convictions, developed over a lifetime of experiences, and cannot be persuaded to change to accommodate current trends or shifting social mores.

Like anything though, it is good to reflect on how we could have said things differently and if we let our convictions cloud our delivery.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Nothing wrong with having convictions, everything wrong with insulting other members.

I'm not an innocent with that and put myself on no pedestal, we can all do better when it comes to the treatment of our fellow members. As I've said, clear lines will be drawn so that there is no misunderstanding of what is and is not acceptable here.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure