Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

P&R closed ??? fer 1 week ?

????
    you guys own/run tha site/forum .

ya ought ta act like owners/mods .... not just members..... if ya gonna have rules !

if members can't behave w/ in rules........mod's should SIMPLY DELETE THE POST !

"post deleted" ............ie -end a' that posted conversation !

UNLESS......mod's get involved in tha conversation too ???

most a' tha topics we all discuss .......is bout shite we know little shite bout anyway ! ha!

so please......let us ole dumb ass idiots..... carry on w/ our ole ignorant debates ....bout topics we know little bout! cause we is havin verbal fun w/ each other ...just debatin ! ha!
    all my rambunctiuosness and
    misdemeanerin miscreant ways is behind me now !!!

Dirt Racer
    The "week" is tentatively to give us po' ol' overworked owners/mods time to get things back on the rails, John.....

Rest assured, we look forward to you "ole dumb ass idiots carryin' on w/ ya ole ignorant debates ... bout topics ya know little about.."

(Gees it's hard to type like that.......I keep wanting to spell things proper.)
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    The "week" is tentatively to give us po' ol' overworked owners/mods time to get things back on the rails, John.....

Rest assured, we look forward to you "ole dumb ass idiots carryin' on w/ ya ole ignorant debates ... bout topics ya know little about.."

(Gees it's hard to type like that.......I keep wanting to spell things proper.)

ruzz --might i suggest that tha 1st course a' action is.......ya ENFORCE tha rules in ya p&r sticky !

**** if i could learn ya ta talk like me......tha typin would follow ! ha!
    all my rambunctiuosness and
    misdemeanerin miscreant ways is behind me now !!!

Ditto what John said, and I don't mean talking like him. It is a good suggestion to just delete a post that goes overboard. For myself I think it would be a tough job being a moderator and deciding which posts go overboard and should be deleted. At what point does heated discussion turn into rancor.

However, that should be your call and everyone who belongs to the forum abides by your rules and judgement.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Street Cruiser
    As Ruzzle said, is a week to give a cool down time and a bit of rest to everybody.

Lately a lot of post really went over the top.

The P&R is meant like a place to give members a lot of freedom to talk about some controversial issue.

But is not to be taken advantage of to attack insult and harass other users.

I usually expect users to be able to control and moderate themselves, and mostly it works, or used to work, but lately it seems like it need too much intervention from the moderators and I've seen quite a few post that are frankly unacceptable.
    I've also seen a lot of provocative threads and posts, only meant to target some specific members and stir up shit, which does not bring anything good to the entire forum.

Freedom is great, but must be used carefully(sorry, can't find a more appropriate word)

Its just a week, there will be 51 more of them to make all kinds of posts there.

Well have things sorted soon with clear guidelines for all to follow, not just the users, but the mods too.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Its just a week, there will be 51 more of them to make all kinds of posts there.

Well have things sorted soon with clear guidelines for all to follow, not just the users, but the mods too.
    Regards,

-Leigh

Pizza Delivery
    I'd be happy if it never reopened. I come here to talk about motorcycles.

Spain - Pretty much smack in the middle of it.
    You can always simply turn that bit off - HowTo Filter Out P&R Postings
    November 2015. For a whole series of reasons - I am retiring from Forum Life. I've been testing my resolve to live without using them - and feel better for it. Yes I will miss the contact I have with folk around the world - but my life is changing - and I am moving on. Certain forum members have my email address and I will see emails - but I will not be returning to the forum and will not attend PM's. Stay well all.

Street Racer
    It seems that I am at least partly to blame for the recent meltdown. If so, I sincerely apologize to everyone. I made a tongue in cheek comment that obviously deeply offended a moderator. That was certainly not my intent.

If anything I post offends anyone all they need to do is PM me and I will gladly edit the post. If a moderator finds a post offensive, by all means delete the post.

I believe a simple set of rules, evenly enforced, will be welcomed by all.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ