Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Names To Faces?

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

And Trav, yes I have a Kawi Nomad now. I keep stopping by to look at a new Rocket but it is bare bones with the list of accessories becoming slim and frightfully expensive. I primarily do interstate touring and unlike our friend Rocket Ed, need the tour accessories. The Nomad has everything plus it is reasonably powerful, smooth,reliable, fuel efficient and very comfortable.
    Yes Mike, I recall now you posting about it. I had a Kawasaki 1500 Drifter for several years and really enjoyed it. It was the first bike I took abroad and I was amazed how much attention it got.

Mike, don't you look so much younger with out the beard
    Many years ago I had a ZZ Top beard, one mate keeps insisting that I grow it back, it would be the same colour as yours these days !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bryant View Post
    Mike, don't you look so much younger with out the beard
    Many years ago I had a ZZ Top beard, one mate keeps insisting that I grow it back, it would be the same colour as yours these days !
    That was actually a bit of a joke Paul. That's my friend Mike. He has a house on 5 acres near me, lives off the grid, along with a place on the Georgia coast near King's Bay, and he is younger than me.

Trav, my friend Mike is the one who suggested the Nomad after I sold the Rocket and was casting about for another touring bike. Mike has three of them with his first about 140K miles on the clock. The one in the picture with his dog, yes, Buffy, has about 47K trouble free miles. Was the Drifter the one with the full cover Indian style fenders? I seem to remember it looking like it had a flathead motor. We don't see them around anymore.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Street Cruiser
    That was actually a bit of a joke Paul. That's my friend Mike. He has a house on 5 acres near me, lives off the grid, along with a place on the Georgia coast near King's Bay, and he is younger than me.

Trav, my friend Mike is the one who suggested the Nomad after I sold the Rocket and was casting about for another touring bike. Mike has three of them with his first about 140K miles on the clock. The one in the picture with his dog, yes, Buffy, has about 47K trouble free miles. Was the Drifter the one with the full cover Indian style fenders? I seem to remember it looking like it had a flathead motor. We don't see them around anymore.
    Yes indeed, based on the old Indian (Scout I think?). Only bought it because they were unpopular and so were being sold off at ridiculous prices. Can't say I really got used to the looks but so comfortable, reasonably quick, and not too heavy on the juice. When I traded it after 3 years I got back nearly what I paid for it.

Spain 2002 with Adrian 012.jpg

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by hawg dawg View Post
    guess by now ya know alabama folks are serious bout their football. ha!

you workin w/ nasa or related biz there ?
    Sir, I am in Army Aviation and work on the Army Arsenal here. NASA is on the same facility. You can tell who is who at the bowling alley...
    Refined Ruffian
    2010 Speed Triple
    2015 Rocket X

Sean, perhaps you should get with the program and meet Ashley Judd.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...id=mailsignout

And while you are at it in your job, how about changing the Army's decision to kill the Kiowa. My son-in-law has about 6000 hours in Kiowas, loves them, but has transitioned to the LUH.

The Kiowa is a grand old bird.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Patrick View Post
    Sir, I am in Army Aviation and work on the Army Arsenal here. NASA is on the same facility. You can tell who is who at the bowling alley...
    they keep changing protocals bout who is guv.....who's non guv.....but seem ta keep payroll goin bout tha same.
    pork ! ha! plenty at bowling alley too i bet !
    hope all continues ta go well.
    all my rambunctiuosness and
    misdemeanerin miscreant ways is behind me now !!!

Pizza Delivery
    Sean, perhaps you should get with the program and meet Ashley Judd.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...id=mailsignout

And while you are at it in your job, how about changing the Army's decision to kill the Kiowa. My son-in-law has about 6000 hours in Kiowas, loves them, but has transitioned to the LUH.

The Kiowa is a grand old bird.
    Navigator, I was an OH-58A/C (Kiowa) crewchief in the Army in the mid-80's and worked the OH-58D's for years as a contractor, as well as the Blackhawk and Chinook. I am also quite fond of the old Kiowas! But I sit in my cubicle and manipulate schedules. I don't get to be a decision maker (a hard transition, as I was a production manager for several years for aircraft modifications. I miss it).
    Refined Ruffian
    2010 Speed Triple
    2015 Rocket X