Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Names To Faces?

Who's the funny looking bloke with his arm around your waist?

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Who's the funny looking bloke with his arm around your waist?
    As Benny Hill used to say, " You don't get many of those to the pound" !!

This is TriumPhil, minus the raygun and "up against the wall" in the Ken Lockwood Gorge about 5 minutes from home...

Kindly hold the "ginger" comments! I am fully aware that I'm red in the head, like a dick on a dog.
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

Spain - Pretty much smack in the middle of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    This is TriumPhil, minus the raygun and "up against the wall" .
    Same "heroic" stance.

Or was it time for a scratch?
    November 2015. For a whole series of reasons - I am retiring from Forum Life. I've been testing my resolve to live without using them - and feel better for it. Yes I will miss the contact I have with folk around the world - but my life is changing - and I am moving on. Certain forum members have my email address and I will see emails - but I will not be returning to the forum and will not attend PM's. Stay well all.

hey Phil, put up the video of Carly Simon with you in it..I'll let you tell the story..
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

Well, about 3 years ago, Carly Simon's people conspired with sponsors AOL and Robert DeNiro's Tribeca Film to hold a contest for filmakers and videographers to make an "official" video for her biggest hit ever, You're So Vain. Georgia Hilton, a former active member here and a professional sound editor from NYC who I had befriended, called me up as the 3 month long competition was in its final 2 weeks to ask for some help in putting her last minute attempt together and, naturally, I said "sure". In addition to being a co-producer (I lined up several sites and actors as well as other assets, like that beautiful 'vette in the horse farm scene and the whirlybird seen just afterwards ) I also had my 15 seconds (not minutes) of fame beginning at 3:11 into the video as the story's "underworld spy"... that's me exchanging an envelope full of cash for a briefcase full of stash.

Out of several hundred entries, astonishingly, our last minute entry came in second overall. Well, the reality is that we really did make the best quality and most admired and complimentary video to her seventies hit, but there's a back story to that... Carly's record company wanted to retain full rights of control to the winning video and so they chose another contestant's (Brett Bisogno's) vid over ours in a sham transaction (her people told us in advance that this was what they were going to do) giving him the $10,000 prize and us a bunch of empty promises for future work. Georgia was so pissed after the fact that she removed the video from YouTube for years, apparently until just recently when she re-posted it - losing hundreds of comments made on YouTube and undoubtedly many thousands of additional views, in the process.

Our video was commented on and heavily supported by many members here and from the "other" site, something that I'll always be very grateful for. In the end, Carly Simon's record company screwed themselves, Carly and us out of our rightful place in the sun by manipulating the contest results for their own greedy purposes. With Georgia's pulling the video off the 'net for an extended period of time we only garnered some 7,500 views while Brett's very funny, entertaining, yet very detached prizewinner is approaching nearly 1 million hits! Brett is a part-time filmmaker and professional comedian in the city, btw. His video follows ours. Enjoy!:

A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

cool story....hell, I never watched the winning video until now....meh, it was just ok at best..you guys should have had the winner for sure...so tell us, did ya get lucky with Carly?....
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

"Way cool" seems to be an understatement and I like the "Men in Black" look. Actually they wore white shirts but yours is more the Mafioso look. Years ago someone told me, or I read/heard that song was about James Taylor. I can't recall the source.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Super Moderator
    It's weird....all I wanted to do the whole time is pull your underwear over your head till you scream like a girl, Phil......and then screw Carly till my dick catches on fire.
    Yea Baby!!!! It's only Rock n' Roll, but I like it