Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'd be interested. Post up some more plans when you get them laid out. I've always wanted to ride SH 16 all the way through WV. Looks like a interesting ride. End up in Marion, VA via the "Back of the Dragon". http://backofthedragon.com/
    -------------------------------------
    06 Triumph Rocket III
    15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Quote Originally Posted by tdragger View Post
    I'd be interested. Post up some more plans when you get them laid out. I've always wanted to ride SH 16 all the way through WV. Looks like a interesting ride. End up in Marion, VA via the "Back of the Dragon". http://backofthedragon.com/
    That's one of my fav's....I was actually planning on doing the "Triple Nickels" from Zanesville-Parkersburg...then picking up "Sweet 16" for the trip south...a little divert over to rt 10, outside Matoaka...for some very tasty twistys....

Quote Originally Posted by Howard_inGA View Post
    Would come from the south of your route center, but I'd love to catch you on an overlap up around the Dragon. I remember one of the Triumph events up there centered around Fontana Village Resort--a way cool place!
    From my end, a lot will depend on the days selected.
    I was planning on staying a bit north of there...but it might be possible to work in the Dragon's Tail...if it can be Mon-Thurs....I don't want to be near there on a weekend.

The SNAKE (421), and the PYTHON (58 )are also on the to do list as well as many lesser knowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Yep, the Chalet, Friday @ 5:30, for the buffet.

Have you ever been there?

The "DIAMONDBACK " loop is right there & tbe "DEVIL'S WHIP" is just down the pkwy a bit.
    No, Andy, I know the place by reputation only and their website seems to confirm how they earned that reputation!

This trip is really attractive to me, coz', Lord knows, I loves me some twisties and I'd like to meet some of my fellow R3 Wranglers. I'm very hopeful that my work schedule will cooperate with the scheduling of this ride.

Senator Robert Byrd was known as "The King of Pork" especially for the federal road and highway subsidies that he garnered for his otherwise meagerly endowed state. I'd sure like to explore where some of those commandeered tax dollars went!
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    Senator Robert Byrd was known as "The King of Pork" especially for the federal road and highway subsidies that he garnered for his otherwise meagerly endowed state. I'd sure like to explore where some of those commandeered tax dollars went!
    No kidding. Route 50 is one of his crowning achievements. And the "Corridor" system as well. http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...54870221777334

On the other hand, WV has one of the best State Park systems of anywhere in the country. Scenic areas, Ski Resorts, and even a whole town (Cass) are all part of the State Park system.

And, despite their reputation, the folks in Morgantown are great. We went to the Texas-WVU game last year and had a great time with all the friendly people. Where else are you going to find:

-------------------------------------
    06 Triumph Rocket III
    15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

So here is a tentative plan...just to give some perspective...& get some feedback;

I have centered the timetable on the Friday night buffet @ Little Switzerland...this is in no way "set-in-stone"...

so look & see if you could have time to join some or all of this rt. from where you are.

Possible rendezvous point:

Zanesville, OH Wed. @ noon

Tentative overnight stops:

Parkersburg, WV Wed/Thur
    Princeton, WV Thur/Fri
    Little Switzerland, NC Fri/Sat
    Lewisburg, WV Sat/Sun
    Clarksburg, WV Sun/Mon

Daily mileage around 300 miles and about 7 hours ride time

Ogre, I might be able to meet you in Little Switzerland, ride Saturday and some of Sunday then peel off. Have you got more of a set week for this adventure?
    Boog
    2014 R3T/TORs
    21 year retired sailor
    42 countries
    28 bikes...and counting...

R3T States I have visited...

Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    Ogre, I might be able to meet you in Little Switzerland, ride Saturday and some of Sunday then peel off. Have you got more of a set week for this adventure?
    Nothing is "set" as far as timing or actual week...trying to get some feedback first, since my schedule is flexible.

Yeah, you retired people are too flexible with your schedules.
    TOR's...They sound as good as I remember...they're grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Just a little further, I want to see what's around that corner.

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger--Rod Stewart