Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Track Racer

Rocket beating bonneville

HOW would you like to beat all the CRUISERS includng the Rockets with a modded BONNEVILLE We are modding the Triumph Bonnevile engines and they are producing 95+ rear wheel hp and that should be enough to beat a Stock Rocket we are going to get one to the dragstrip and see what she runs any guesses ???
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

In the 10's.

While weight is far less, adding the rider will slow the Bonny. On the dyno it might be a beast, but the torque isn't going to allow super short ET's.
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Dave Pierce of Queensland did that to a Scrambler.Got it up to about 93-94HP I think. ( Modded suspension etc) was a fun bike on the road & did ok on the track. No match for a true sports bike tho;on either road or track. But yes, it would out handle a Rocket in the tight stuff.

Thread moved from After to Before as there appears to be nothing that has actually happened yet.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blastedbones View Post
    Dave Pierce of Queensland did that to a Scrambler.Got it up to about 93-94HP I think. ( Modded suspension etc) was a fun bike on the road & did ok on the track. No match for a true sports bike tho;on either road or track. But yes, it would out handle a Rocket in the tight stuff.
    WELL you say no match for a pure sports bike ?? Well its not a sports bike its a retro Classic and it will destroy all those big VTWIN TURDS like Indians HDS Victorys Stratoliners etc and even the stock ROCKETS now that should be fun

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IMFASTTOO View Post
    WELL you say no match for a pure sports bike ?? Well its not a sports bike its a retro Classic and it will destroy all those big VTWIN TURDS like Indians HDS Victorys Stratoliners etc and even the stock ROCKETS now that should be fun
    Oh yes, lots of fun to ride! ( I've ridden Dave's) & quite flickable. Grunty little beast it is!

Track Racer
    AND the BONNY only weighs 480lbs SO with 95 RWHP its going to run some good 1/4 times and beatup on those big fat slowass cruisers everywhere OH my I cant wait to smack down those big turds at the track
    Quote Originally Posted by blastedbones View Post
    Oh yes, lots of fun to ride! ( I've ridden Dave's) & quite flickable. Grunty little beast it is!

It sure sounds like you are hell bent on distroying big cruisers for some reaosn. I say more power to anyone who improves performance on any bike. My guess for Ets with your Carpenter modded Bonnie will be 10.1 to 10.2 1/4 mile times.

When will we know?
    Boog
    2014 R3T/TORs
    21 year retired sailor
    42 countries
    28 bikes...and counting...

R3T States I have visited...

Track Racer
    YES the local HD riders are always bragging about how fast they run the 1/4 so it would be a lot of fun beating them with a little BONNY
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    It sure sounds like you are hell bent on distroying big cruisers for some reaosn. I say more power to anyone who improves performance on any bike. My guess for Ets with your Carpenter modded Bonnie will be 10.1 to 10.2 1/4 mile times.

When will we know?

10.475 seconds...
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp