Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Street Racer

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

At this year's Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale the Ron Pratte collection will be auctioned in its entirety. Ron is a local boy who keeps all his cars and memorabilia in a warehouse about 10 miles from where I live. He has been one of the main buyers at Barrett Jackson for many years. I've seen a number of his cars at local car shows, including the Shelby Cobra Super Snake that he bought for $5,000,000 in 2007.

There is a special running on the Velocity network, which is also carrying the auction, this week showing many of the cars in his collection. Its estimated that the collection will sell for at least $50,000,000. Anyone interested in collector shows, especially a collection of Shelby and Boyd Coddington cars should try to catch the show. They even have an interview with Ron who is very media shy and has never been interviewed before.

Here's a story on the auction and the cars are all listed on Barrett Jackson's website.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media...rrett-jackson/
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

Street Cruiser
    Quite a few nice toys there

I would enjoy a couple of days watching the cars and bikes pass under the hammer. Pity there's a big pond in the way.

Thanks for the taster Harry.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Surely you have a mate somewhere who could hack into the satellite which transmits the Velocity Channel, Paul?
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    Surely you have a mate somewhere who could hack into the satellite which transmits the Velocity Channel, Paul?
    Moi, hacking, perish the thought.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Street Cruiser
    I used to really enjoy watching Barrett Jackson, but now even early in the week prices are so high it's just not the same. I'm amazed at there being a tent full of people who can afford that kind of coin for a toy. I watched one guy win a '67 Healy for $54K, and he was so distracted by something else they had to tell him he'd won the bid and he had to ask them what he'd bid. Can't imagine being that casual about 54 grand.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

I saw that last night, too, Ed. That 3000 Mk II might be my very favorite Brit sportscar ever, but it wasn't very long ago that they were trading at more reasonable prices. Nowadays, I'd probably go after one in kit form , so that the engine performance and reliability matched its wicked nice body styling.

Street Racer
    Just watched the GM Futurliner sell for $4,000,000. Ron, a Viet Nam vet donated the proceeds of the sale to the Armed Forces Foundation.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by GPM View Post
    Just watched the GM Futurliner sell for $4,000,000. Ron, a Viet Nam vet donated the proceeds of the sale to the Armed Forces Foundation.
    That's outstanding.
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE