Top 10 Places to Ride in North America

For those of you who like to travel the country to ride, the below links lists some excellent rides in North America. The one in Mexico is supposed to be a good one if one likes dodging bullets. I've done five of the 10 and don't quite agree with the list. There is some beautiful riding out there, especially in British Columbia.

http://www.motorcycle.com/top10/top-...h-america.html
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

which 5 have you done Mike?..and which ones don't you agree with..I would love to ride them someday.
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

10. Blue Ridge Parkway
    9. Grand Staircase
    8. Idyllwild
    5. Three Sisters. Quite a few of us on the forum did this during the Native One sponsored Texas Hill Country Salvo. Almost crashed on that one when I came out of a tight turn leaning over and hit one of those cattle guards, you know, the bars in the road that the cattle won't cross.
    4. California 58
    5. Beartooth. Been on it but didn't add it because I was in a truck. . Incredibly gorgeous piece of road. Will be doing it this June though.

They are all great roads but I just disagreed that these are the 10 best. The ride from Castlegar BC to Vancouver and north to Kamploops should have been on it. Many more.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Street Racer
    I've only done 3 of them, Highway 58, PCH (starting much further north), and Idyllwild. From an admittedly biased point of view, I think 191 in Eastern AZ, formerly US 666, should have been included. But since there are 7 of them I haven't ridden I can't say whether or not it really belongs on the list.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

Good find. Some definite 'bucket list' rides there. Been on Blue Ridge by car and Dragon & PCH on the bike. Looks like I need to do some riding this year to catch up with you Mike!
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

I've done the Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon and the Texas Three Sisters. One road that was not on the list and certainly worthy is the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Truly spectacular scenery.
    -------------------------------------
    06 Triumph Rocket III
    15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #42146

Thanks for the tips Mike.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Great find Mike!
    MEX TO THE MAX