Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

Bury the hatchet, for the sake of the community.
    He's not going to Marcus. He unintentionally/inadvertently exposed his racism when he posted that term; and when I called him out about it... he did everything to avoid answering for it.

He is what he is... and that's why he's on ignore.

For the record.. he didn't direct it explicitly against me... he used it towards the general audience here. Of course, there are many that would not be offended because they don't know what it meant; but in the way that he delivered it in his post... it was very offensive.

What is puzzling (maybe not) he is adamant in not apologizing.

Tells you a lot about someone... when they step on their dick and try to act like it didn't happen.
    Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

Lets try it another way, everybody that was offended please pm me and lets get it over with, this does not include you will
    MEX TO THE MAX

I will pay for your subscrition for the next renewal, i will apologize, i will make it right, just show youselfs please!!
    I will fill yout tank with gas, wash your windows!! Please all the offended come forward, either here or via pm!!
    MEX TO THE MAX

Lets try it another way, everybody that was offended please pm me and lets get it over with, this does not include you will
    MEX TO THE MAX

Looks like I'll start it off then.

Will. I don't think that it was ever the conscious intent of any owner or moderator here to have you feel that your feelings and opinion on something you read was invalid or that they did not matter. I do not believe I played as active a role at that time on this site, but from what I understand, a decision was made to lock the thread so that the slights and name calling, real or perceived, would cease.

From what I can tell, Will, you have two grievances: what was said, and what was done about it. I can only speak to one of them.

Please accept my personal apology on behalf of all of us in a position of moderation at R3owners.com. I am sorry that you feel the actions that were taken at that time were a sign that the offense you took to words or names used by another member either directed at a group or directed at you wasn't dealt with appropriately and/or wasn't serious to us. We all strive to do a better job in our duties here and I do not want any member to feel they are being discounted or treated unfairly while participating in discourse on this website. We will try our best to do a better job of redressing those grievances in the future.

Thank you for being such an active member of this community and contributing your insight and thoughts in the many different sections. Your participation is valued and I hope that we can mend any differences that may lie between us and you and any other member here so that you will continue to come here and enjoy the time that you dedicate to it all.

I cannot force either of you to resolve your personal differences, I can only hope that my willingness to step forward and attempt to bridge any gaps will act as inspiration for the two of you to do the same.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

That is just so refreshing to hear that we're turning over a new leaf here, Marcus - wonderful news, really!!!

As you already know, there are only two things that I really object to or take exception with and they are ignorance and/or stupidity, especially when they are aimed like an arrow with either personal intent or malice toward generalized groups of people.

Let the whip come down:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvc9xpUAxgc
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Very well said Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by MEXICAN View Post
    And sadly some people dont have the mental ability to see humor or to learn spanglish
    I can't recall if I told you when last we spoke Lupe but I now have the 5 part Rosetta Stone Spanish (South American) course. Both the military and State Department use it but my son has suggested that the immersion methodology is best for younger people and that old fudds like me do better with the more traditional, more structured methodology. I'll let you know. When I call if you can't understand me we'll revert to English.
    My wife speaks Spanish so perhaps when I am done I'll at last be able to communicate with her.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Dont worry Mike, you will do good learning spanish. You are a very snart man:)
    MEX TO THE MAX

Quote Originally Posted by MEXICAN View Post
    I will pay for your subscrition for the next renewal, i will apologize, i will make it right, just show youselfs please!!
    I will fill yout tank with gas, wash your windows!! Please all the offended come forward, either here or via pm!!
    I'm on board for the tank of gas. Is this Rocket gas or SUV gas? Just curious.