Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CADFather View Post
    But when the "nubile, tanned honeys" are all closer in age to your grandchildren than to you, they lose the allure.

CAD
    They don't lose their "allure" as much as the potential of landing one......
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Quote Originally Posted by atomsplitter View Post
    Let me get this straight, you're in Hawaii and you have NOTHING better to do than post on this forum. There's a beach full of nubile, tanned honeys somewhere near you and yet you are worried about the font size on your posts. There's enough alcohol on the islands to float the Exxon Valdeze and you are having problems with your iPad. All I can say is it really sucks to be you......
    I'm bored out of my sox. We lived here for many years and had a beautiful home on the water but moved to Washington state in 2002. I rented a nice home with a pool here in Kailua town on the windward side for the month of March but find myself with not much to do. I'm am accustomed working in my shop at home, riding, travel etc., but find Hawaii now way to laid back for me. I've reconnected with a few friends and in fact just had a few beers with an old riding buddy here. I was a big wave surfer here in the late 60s but those days are gone so the beaches have lost their allure for me.

I'll start a thread with some pics when I get them resized. It's a bit of a tedious process.

Edit: Oh yes and the babes are everywhere and not wearing much clothes.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

When the eyes really go out control + will increase the IE and - shrinks.

It can go big enough to read
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Clearly roughing it big time Mike.... Our sympathies are with you during this difficult time...

Quote Originally Posted by blastedbones View Post
    Clearly roughing it big time Mike.... Our sympathies are with you during this difficult time...
    + 1

Soldier on regardless Mike.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Carry on carrying on Mike.

I would go stir crazy living in Hawaii. You can ride around the big island in a morning, then in the afternoon you ride around it the other way so that your tyres wear evenly, but there are only so many days that you can do that without going mad.

Quote Originally Posted by idk View Post
    Carry on carrying on Mike.

I would go stir crazy living in Hawaii. You can ride around the big island in a morning, then in the afternoon you ride around it the other way so that your tyres wear evenly, but there are only so many days that you can do that without going mad.
    Some people can never get used to Hawaii. I lived here in the late sixties and loved it. We also enjoyed my last tour here from 1999-2003 and I never tired of riding around this beautiful island. I did it about once a week, playing a round of golf too. It's a different kind of life with many former military retiring here. Vacationing though; now that's another story. The wife is enjoying herself with having her brother here for a week and now her best friend but as I said, I'm a bit bored with it all.
    Mike

USN, Retired

“Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves.”

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Ya need another hobby, like I guess the scuba diving must be good there?

Two words of advice for you, Mike... shark cage.
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

I scuba dived for years in the Caribbean, Atlantic off of Florida (and crystal rivers) and Virginia, Japan and Hawaii. I sold my gear years ago. The sharks aren't bad in this vicinity Phil. I had to regularly contend with lemon, hammerhead and bull sharks in the Carib.

And I have plenty of hobbies Bones; just not here. It is enjoyable though but very low key as I said. I've downloaded some pics to my laptop and will post some with a bit of Hawaiian history.
    Mike

USN, Retired