50 percent lean/fat hamburgers

Holy Sheesh!

Wifey had some of her people over here (home) today (some kind of core meeting) and she asked me to fire up the Big Green Egg for hamburgers and hotdogs; for lunch. They all brought stuff over; and unbeknownst to me; someone brought some serious; pre-made; frozen "fat"burgers...

I was tested in the crucible of hellfire this afternoon... let me tell you what. I am an accomplished grill artist...

...but I had to go get my work gauntlets out of my truck. The fat dripping off of these "fat"burgers from hell caused a recurring and explosive fire so intense; I thought I was putting my arms into the very bowels of hell itself.

The column of smoke could've easily been seen by the space station too. Never in my recent memories; have I ever cooked something so fatty over open flame.

No pictures of the event; but everyone seemed very happy with the burgers that came out 1/3 of the original size; when I first started grilling them.

Hope = Wishful thinking without action

Sometimes it's best to burn a bridge and use the glowing embers to light the path ahead.

21 Years Retired Army
    Been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything....

Retired Rocket III Captain (Hell On Wheels)

Current rides:
    2015 F6B
    2012 DR650SE

we have Slaters 50/50 restaurant that does 50% 80/20 beef and 50% bacon. and other proportions if you like.
    Big as you want them.
    Not quite as much shrinkage, but it's too greasy.

The grease fire in the egg would probably taint some of the nice seasoning that you have built over the years.
    Maybe a little hickory tonight to melt it all out.
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Grand Prix Champion blastedbones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjsmithres View Post
    we have Slaters 50/50 restaurant that does 50% 80/20 beef and 50% bacon. and other proportions if you like.
    Big as you want them.
    Not quite as much shrinkage, but it's too greasy.

The grease fire in the egg would probably taint some of the nice seasoning that you have built over the years.
    Maybe a little hickory tonight to melt it all out.
    Clean with thermite....

Track Racer
    We call them GREASE BURGERS
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Holy Sheesh!

Wifey had some of her people over here (home) today (some kind of core meeting) and she asked me to fire up the Big Green Egg for hamburgers and hotdogs; for lunch. They all brought stuff over; and unbeknownst to me; someone brought some serious; pre-made; frozen "fat"burgers...

I was tested in the crucible of hellfire this afternoon... let me tell you what. I am an accomplished grill artist...

...but I had to go get my work gauntlets out of my truck. The fat dripping off of these "fat"burgers from hell caused a recurring and explosive fire so intense; I thought I was putting my arms into the very bowels of hell itself.

The column of smoke could've easily been seen by the space station too. Never in my recent memories; have I ever cooked something so fatty over open flame.

No pictures of the event; but everyone seemed very happy with the burgers that came out 1/3 of the original size; when I first started grilling them.

[url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]