Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me new member

Squid

Me new member

Hi Everyone, hoping U all healthy n well. Popping in, I recon motorvehicle cylinder heads from my home workshop, then bloke popped up here who had "mashed" his cams n cam bores on Rocket 3 (oil starvation-his incorrect assembly error), (cast iron cams melted into alu cam bores as a result), cleaned it up for him, removed melted iron from alu cam bores and galled alu from iron cams - then rewelded alu cam bores oversize spec, then line bored them back to spec, flame spray coated the camshaft journals oversize which had melted themselves and into the alu cam bores+ cam overhead holding cradle (the damaged ones), recut journals to size (yeah lathe re-cut) polished them up, re-machined cam thrust width's on alu head, presto, purring along again - he very happy

6 months later - I back in it again - oil problems( yeah he kinda fucked up again) - so I hand scraped his cams + bores + cam overhead cradle + hand " flat ground it" to fit tight as nuns fanny again (whilst head still on the bike) - now this is where I need your help -
    he lost timing data+ timing setup he had, where do I get it???? (to help him out)
    its triumph rocket 2 +2300cc and hmmmm about 2009 2010 model - any takers?????

by way I am not a pro at this but I am willing to help with info I gleaned from the repair.

Rockets are very very scarce here , not as popular as with you folk,
    thanks- my email is best to mail me,
    stay well

G'day and welcome. It looks like you have some talent there.

Here is a workshop manual (in my signature), it may help.

Pizza Delivery
    Welcome from Alabama!
    Refined Ruffian
    2010 Speed Triple
    2015 Rocket X

Welcome from Kansas. I turned down an opportunity to work at Koeberg last year (wife didn't want to be on the same continent as Ebola)....
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Squid
    hooooo - thank you much - he will really love this - he aint good with computers (neither am I ) so thats why i am helping him out besides he got skills I dont have as he was in spec forces many many years - keeps to himself much - we kinda clicked as friends - his name is Harry .
    I see you rode/ride Superbikes IKD- nice - real nice - I am way to scared of the speed thing
    thanks for all the greetings
    Port Elizabeth
    South Africa

Squid
    NOOOOoooooo!!!!!!! - Koeberg is Cape Town /Western Province (a Province is like a state to you folk - we have 9 such provinces) - i am in the Eastern Cape Province - you are hmmmm lets see about 10000 km maybe more thats like 8000miles or something at least away from Ebola - fire your wife I suggest....plenty of super babes in Cape Town -

I always am amazed of the internet and the so easy communications thousands of miles away - real nice thing this computer

Squid
    Alabama - only seen that in movies - like the "South " it aint over yet thing" - hope u well and healthy - thanks for the greeting
    over here its much the same muchness as prob you folk across the big blue dam - everyone simply trying best to survive, eat, drink, work, enjoy things before it all collapses
    all going for a ball of shite here - but slowly slowly like a cancer - like death by a thousand cuts

Hello Headmaster and welcome from Virginia. That is a good intro being that you have the metal skills to fix the things I break. I can't relate to your anxiety over the speed thing, I say just don’t twist the throttle as much until you master that speed demon. Good on ya for taking on the Rocket motor and explaining some of the issue why it happened. DO you ride any particular bike yourself?

I once knew a girl in Pensacola we affectionately called “The Head Master”, but that is a totally different matter.
    Boog
    2014 R3T/TORs
    21 year retired sailor
    42 countries
    28 bikes...and counting...

R3T States I have visited...

Street Cruiser
    Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    I once knew a girl in Pensacola we affectionately called “The Head Master”, but that is a totally different matter.
    I once knew a Head Mistress, she was a teacher without principals.