Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 R1200RT

Street Cruiser
    Full fairing bikes do give amazing weather protection, don't they, Boog? My Victory Cross Country Tour is the same way. Remarkable difference in cold/wet weather and when it heats up the venting is pretty darn effective.
    I do get IFT's point though. My XCT is so efficient at wind management and storage I often tell people it is more inconvenient car than motorcycle. Its great handling is its saving grace as a motorcycle.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    Full fairing bikes do give amazing weather protection, don't they, Boog? My Victory Cross Country Tour is the same way. Remarkable difference in cold/wet weather and when it heats up the venting is pretty darn effective.
    I do get IFT's point though. My XCT is so efficient at wind management and storage I often tell people it is more inconvenient car than motorcycle. Its great handling is its saving grace as a motorcycle.
    WHENEVER I test ride the touring bikes Im not impressed and I dont enjoy riding them I dont want to travel anywhere on one Ive dont it in the past and they are not fun for me and I dont enjoy riding 8hours a day on the highway on those boring bikes loaded up with luggage and everyone I ride is so damn HOT you suffocate behind the wind screens Ive switced off with a Goldwing owner and I couldnt wait to get back on my Rocket it was 89 that day and it felt like a steambath riding that thing hated it and he loved the rocket and he went out and bought one. YEP I dont enjoy traveling on a bike and riding in the damn rain for hours no thanks had enough of that torture now Ill just trailer my bike behind my comfy conversion Van I dont like riding those overloaded baggers as an everyday bike Ive owned them but I would always pick one of my Rockets or Vmax and the sportbikes are fun for a a half hour ride as long as your going fast but any longer they are uncomfortable BUT I have traveled with bikes on a long haul in a miata and that was and comfy and a lot of fun
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

So, you're an old fart! What do you expect at this stage of the game?
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    SPEAK for yourself YOU dont go anywhere far on your bike and I dont care to WHY do I want to be uncomfortable doesnt make sense to me so knock yourself out

Track Racer
    LETS BUY MIATAS

Dirt Racer
    Geez what with Let's Buy Miatas and Go Donald Go I reckon I preferred the anti-darkside stuff!!

Art has new hobby-horses!!
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Dirt Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    Knock it off Phil! I'M the old fart around here..........................
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    Knock it off Phil! I'M the old fart around here..........................
    YEAH TELLEM RUZZ and do something exciting you need a change try one of new BRIDGSTONE EXCEDRA MAX tires that will put a smile on your face ya old fart

Alright, alright!!! If I'm a junior member at 63 years young, so be it.

Oh, and just for the record, ED, I think that the XCT is a supremely well-crafted, intelligently thought out, great handling and very comfortable motorcycle for extended rides and long distance touring. I'm just not yet into the Geexer Glide mode, but that day will undoubtedly come.