Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 R1200RT

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    An update on the R1200RT: I still have it as MOD is awaiting parts for my Rocket, darn logistics! In the meantime, I got the chance to ride to work in a pouring rain the other day. I have a rain jacket that work pretty good at keeping the rain outside where it belongs but my chaps are getting somewhat thin and rain like this will usually make it to my pants by the time I get to work. Not this day though. The RT's fairing upfront keeps almost all of the rain off of my legs and the chaps did their job well. I find I am using the cruise control more than i thought I would and the dang XM radio won't stay off. This bike is really pretty darn good.
    YOULL have to try my MIATA you wont get wet at all a lot better choice for fun traveling and you wont have to wear CHAPS LOL
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

You are assuming I would keep the top up...
    Boog
    2014 R3T/TORs
    21 year retired sailor
    42 countries
    28 bikes...and counting...

R3T States I have visited...

Or rather, keep your bottom down, Boog!!!
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Dirt Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Boog View Post
    You are assuming I would keep the top up...
    I'm trying to avoid mental pictures of Art topless in a Miata. No wait ... let me re-phrase that...............
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    Alright, alright!!! If I'm a junior member at 63 years young, so be it.

Oh, and just for the record, ED, I think that the XCT is a supremely well-crafted, intelligently thought out, great handling and very comfortable motorcycle for extended rides and long distance touring. I'm just not yet into the Geexer Glide mode, but that day will undoubtedly come.
    Well, I'm a month from Medicare, and thought I'd give the geezer glide route a try. Living here in dark, dank, dismal western Washington where it's 45 and damp October through March it's nice to have the weather protection. Plus I take a few multi-state trips every year and it's nice to have all that lockable dry storage. If it gets hot, the XCT has fairing winglets you can turn to scoop air back onto your trunk that really work well.
    The whole thing is just so damn convenient it's seductive. No need for earplugs or dressing in layers. Jacket and helmet locked up out of sight when you stop. One drain plug oil changes every 5K miles, look at the belt if you remember, no need to lay on the ground to check tire pressures, no valve adjustments, etc., etc. Good for a man as lazy as I.
    It's not real "motorcycley" at times though.

And one other thing for IFT. There are times on the long and boring where the XCT is working so well I think I might as well be in a convertible. Then again, my XCT has more luggage capacity than my friend's Z3 we sometimes travel in...
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    I'm trying to avoid mental pictures of Art topless in a Miata. No wait ... let me re-phrase that...............
    STOP DREAMING RUZZ

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    Well, I'm a month from Medicare, and thought I'd give the geezer glide route a try. Living here in dark, dank, dismal western Washington where it's 45 and damp October through March it's nice to have the weather protection. Plus I take a few multi-state trips every year and it's nice to have all that lockable dry storage. If it gets hot, the XCT has fairing winglets you can turn to scoop air back onto your trunk that really work well.
    The whole thing is just so damn convenient it's seductive. No need for earplugs or dressing in layers. Jacket and helmet locked up out of sight when you stop. One drain plug oil changes every 5K miles, look at the belt if you remember, no need to lay on the ground to check tire pressures, no valve adjustments, etc., etc. Good for a man as lazy as I.
    It's not real "motorcycley" at times though.

And one other thing for IFT. There are times on the long and boring where the XCT is working so well I think I might as well be in a convertible. Then again, my XCT has more luggage capacity than my friend's Z3 we sometimes travel in...
    YOU can keep your XCT not interested I know better But as long as your having fun then enjoy yourself

All I have to do is focus on your avatar and everything is better...
    Boog
    2014 R3T/TORs
    21 year retired sailor
    42 countries
    28 bikes...and counting...

R3T States I have visited...

Dirt Racer
    I'm here to help.........
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Track Racer
    NO problem RUZZ Ill send you some racy pics