Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Rich View Post
    Tom, just thought I'd chime in here: Awareness and Ease of Use - that should be all we need. Something (a banner on the page header perhaps) to make everyone aware that this is a member supported site and a button to make a donation simple and easy. As my wife likes to say: "If you want to, you will - if you don't, you won't". No need to create anything complex or conscience-shaming. I have enjoyed this site since I joined - I ignore what I don't care about and participate in what I do; also, I've got more than my fair share of useful advice from the experience of our community.
    I couldn't agree more mate.

I would far rather chip in than see adverts. I run Adblocker and some sites berate you with pop-ups cajoling you into turning Adbloker off. That's more annoying than the adverts I'm trying to avoid, but I won't turn it off on principle, so I very rarely go there.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Pizza Delivery
    I've gotten valuable advice here more than a few times.
    And leads on excellent aftermarket parts.
    And purchased some cool stuff from forum members.

Hard times in the past 4 years have prevented donation.
    I'll remedy that right now.
    08 R3 Black. YSS shocks, Triples, Preds, Pretech 6pots, TB. DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdurabo View Post
    I couldn't agree more mate.

I would far rather chip in than see adverts. I run Adblocker and some sites berate you with pop-ups cajoling you into turning Adbloker off. That's more annoying than the adverts I'm trying to avoid, but I won't turn it off on principle, so I very rarely go there.

I agree completely Paul !
    My donation is coming up, have spoke to Tom about this, purely a timing thing for me at present.

Thanks Mr. Owl. REC'D patch and pin.

How many licks to the center of the tootsie pops?
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Quote Originally Posted by pjsmithres View Post
    ...How many licks to the center of the tootsie pops?
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Well, hello everyone.

My most humble apologies that I have been so absent as of late. Yes, I've been in the forests, and the mountains, and beaches, and various other outdoor places. Not always with naked fairies (but sometimes), but largely with children. No, they aren't naked, and neither am I, I have found myself as the headmaster of an outdoor adventure school, and I'm teaching them wilderness survival skills, HEMA, archery, and other various skills. I've also been really busy training physically for some upcoming challenges to attain my wilderness survival guide certifications, and Víkingr training. 85 pounds down, a couple more to go.

Along with all of the changes I've been making, physically, much of it has become a lifestyle for me, and changes to live by a code.

As a result, I left the IT world several months ago to pursue that path in my life. Additionally, I've been transitioning my land into a homestead, I have pigs now, soon chickens, then alpacas, and more. I've also been expanding my entheogenic farm operations, so things have been busy. It doesn't pay shit, but it's fun, until I run out of money.

While I'm still connected, it had largely been social media through a phone or tablet, and I never really sat down at a laptop top check in here. I have since disconnected from Facebook, because, well, it seems to be full of retards, bigots, and bible thumpers, and I just don't have the patience for it anymore. Waste of time, I have better shit to do.

Tom emailed me 6 weeks ago, and I meant to get on, and then I think someone tugged on my dick and I got distracted again, then he emailed me again a couple of days ago, and I had since forgotten my login info, but it's all sorted now. Backdoor action.

The donate and like buttons are very doable. I can even setup an annual pledge drive banner sort of thing that's automatic, sort of like what Wikipedia does one month a year each time you look at something there, reminding people that it's member supported and all that.

I will work with the other 2 owners and we'll get things sorted out and I'll post an update here when we've got that done.

Sorry for such a long absence, I'll try to stay more connected here.
    Aidoneus Bishop
    2005 Rocket III
    Who am I rolling with? Wild Wise School of Outdoor Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Well, hello everyone.

My most humble apologies that I have been so absent as of late. Yes, I've been in the forests, and the mountains, and beaches, and various other outdoor places....As a result, I left the IT world several months ago to pursue that path...

Good for you!!!
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Good to hear all's well mate.
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

hello bishop...take care of yourself out there..& post up once in a while.
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

Good to hear from you Bishop.
    Sound like life may be treating you decently for a change, good luck