Street Cruiser

Happy Birthday, Fred!

Yes, I named my truck. I've had "Farmageddon Fred" 20 years today. Two small oil leaks and a starter relay in that time/105,000 miles.
    300" straight 6, 5 speed, regular cab, long box, 4 wheel drive. Roll up windows, rubber mats, etc. Just a truck. I've gotten so much work out of this thing the last 20 years.
    Not bad for ~$17,500 OTD, especially compared to what trucks cost nowadays.

He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Still looking good! But WOW! 5K miles per year? I've got 100,000 on my 2011 - just turned 5 a couple months ago.
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Street Cruiser
    That's because back in '03 when it had ~75K on it I saw where the prices of 4WD trucks were going and didn't see being able to afford one when this one wore out so I bought my Hyundai for commuting, etc. Since then Fred's only been used when there's work to be done.

And thanks, I think it looks pretty good too. From about 20'.
    Actually it's not bad considering all the use and that it's lived outside by a salt water bay through all the rain.
    He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Nice, clean machine, Ed. Even nicer when you consider that an equivalent new model could easily cost $35-50K+!
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Cruiser

Taking a break halfway through the first of what will probably be 4 loads out of this hole. My youngest daughter's boyfriend had a couple trees blow down so Fred and I decided to forgive him for driving a Chevy and went after it.
    The only bad thing is the truck is 20 years old, the chain saw was bought used in 1982, and I'm older than the two of them combined so it's kind of like the old joke - It takes me all night to do what I used to do all night.