Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Patrick View Post
    I also pay for the WSBK and MotoGP VideoPass'. I think it is well worth the money. The MotoGP is more expensive but is a much finer production and all of the extras provide hours and hours of viewing pleasure! Pour a cold pint, pull up to the computer, and enjoy the racing.
    Agree on all counts. I spend waaaay too much time on the internet and I've not even scratched the surface of the MotoGP content.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by TriumPhil View Post
    Awesome racing with paper thin margins at the end! Wow!

And, yes, Master West deserves $ome deeper-pocketed backing, for sure.

What's with Triumph's unremarkable finish in the half-liter SS competition at Phillip's Island? the kid's looking like a budding Moto GP superstar for Aprilia now. It's a sure bet that Triumph should have retained PJ who was throwing Speed Triples around for an underfunded American team racing last year on the AMA Supersport circuit...

http://www.motoamerica.com/pj-jacobs...with-mv-agusta
    Up until Triumph's recent announcement to supply Moto2 engines in a couple years they've never really shown any interest in racing. A few years back Chad Davies was doing well on a 675 too, but the 675 never did live up to its potential IMO. I know they sure can blow up pretty spectacularly!
    Luke Stapleford has done well on the old Daytona he raced too.

I'm going to enjoy the SSP series this year, especially if Sofogulu can't retain his title. PJ is in with a chance. Normally I'm a Cluzel fan too, but dislike Honda, so...
    Yamaha, MV, Kawasaki and Honda all look competitive.

Street Cruiser
    MotoGP is testing in Qatar this weekend. We'll have to see if anyone can put in a faster time that Vinales.

WSBK round 2 in Thailand is also this weekend.
    When was the last time Rea wasn't leading the championship? 2015?

Rea does seem unbeatable, doesn't he?

First races of the season down in Oz and yet another double.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Street Cruiser
    You have to wonder what Davies is thinking. 4 races in, he's got 3 seconds and a 6th and he's already 30 points down.

Rea looks so smooth while going so fast, he's really got it dialed.

Aaand Cluzel's and Jacobsen's bikes both blew up, which had to make Sofogulu rub his hands in glee.

Street Cruiser
    Well, if Rea keeps going like that, no chance to anybody else.

Street Cruiser
    Rea is pretty spectacular to watch, and it's good he got off the Honda with a chance to prove what he can do with better equipment. Now if only Hayden could get off that Honda...
    I think Melandri and Davies will have something for him once the European rounds start.

Dirt Racer
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Street Cruiser
    Always a good read, and not a lot to disagree with. To me Rossi is the big question mark this year, especially since he hasn't impressed at all in preseason testing. Will he ride through the chaos like Boris says, or will he collect a lot 4th places? Only time will tell.

Qatar under the lights this weekend, gents!

Great track + lousy venue = Qatar. Really terrible optics racing under those lights, Ed, making for compromised televised visuals. Lotsa' weird shadows and lack of color saturation makes for second class viewing on the idiot box. Too bad their playing in that sandbox under artificial lighting which might be better for the rider's, but certainly is not for the home viewers. Interesting, too, that qualifying rounds were cancelled due to rain and dicey track positions, but that accounted for some unusual pole positions since they were based on average practice lap times.

The first race (Moto 3) was good, though, with Mir reclaiming his primacy from the start of the race to land atop the podium. Would have preferred McPhee to take the checkered flag, but his finish with Leopard racing's Honda wasn't too shabby and made for an exciting conclusion. And it's always good to see a fresh face on the podium, as we did with Morbidelli in Moto 2.

Looking forward to the GP race in a couple minutes...
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp