Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Street Cruiser

2017 MotoGP & WSBK

WSBK at Phillip Island this weekend. Finally! Superpole and Race 1 on Saturday, Race 2 Sunday. One thing they're doing differently with Race 2 this year is 3rd qualifier changes position with the number 1 qualifier and then the entire first row goes back to row 3 and the original rows 1 and 2 move up one row. Seems to me it would have been simpler to just do what BSB does - your lap time in Race 1 determines your grid position for Race 2.
    SBK has also added a SSP300 class this year for the youngsters coming up.

MotoGP is still a month away, and it looks like the rookies like Zarco and Rins are going to impress. Lorenzo is starting to get used to the Ducati, but it's not unusual for Stoner to put in a faster time than he. Vinales is looking to be the guy to beat.

Oh yeah, I didn't put it in the title, but be aware there will be spoilers in here.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Dirt Racer
    Having a bit of trouble getting used to seeing Lorenzo on a red and white bike tho!!!

Casey really should accept that he's yesterday's man and stay away. Honda obviously don't want him in their pits anymore. Still, it gives the film directors the chance to sneak in a few fileshots of his missus.
    The Old(est?) Fart.

What network might I find the race on, Ed? BEIN?
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Cruiser
    Yep, Phil BEIN USA. My provider doesn't carry BEIN so I pay for WSBK Video Pass and the daughter pays for MotoGP. The MotoGP pass especially is a good deal IMO because you get all the tests, races and interviews plus all the old races going quite a ways back. You could probably watch something off the site every day of the off season (there is an actual Off Season Show actually) and not run out of new material.

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    Having a bit of trouble getting used to seeing Lorenzo on a red and white bike tho!!!

Casey really should accept that he's yesterday's man and stay away. Honda obviously don't want him in their pits anymore. Still, it gives the film directors the chance to sneak in a few fileshots of his missus.
    I thought he did pretty well as a test rider. He still often sets fastest daily times during the tests even though Ducati insists that's not what he's there for.
    And how come I've never seen pic's of the wife?? Is it an Aussie only thing or something?

MotoGP is going to be a dog fight this year, IMO. Vinales is flying, which is going to inspire/piss off Vale, Honda's getting their big bang engine dialed in and Ducati still has the speed. Can't wait.

Street Cruiser
    Looks like I got wrong how the Race 2 grid forms up. Evidently it's the Race 1 results that determine where you start Race 2, not Superpole.

Street Cruiser
    Well, the Superbikes races had a combined winning gap of .04 seconds and the Supersport race winning gap was .001 second, so I'm thinking the racing will be close this year...
    And WTF is with Ant West? He along with friends and family decide what the hell, let's compete at world level, so they find a bike, borrow a motor, throw it together and end up on the podium? Why the hell doesn't he have a long term contract?

Street Cruiser
    Yes, good races. Will make for an interesting year

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    Yep, Phil BEIN USA. My provider doesn't carry BEIN so I pay for WSBK Video Pass and the daughter pays for MotoGP. The MotoGP pass especially is a good deal IMO because you get all the tests, races and interviews plus all the old races going quite a ways back. You could probably watch something off the site every day of the off season (there is an actual Off Season Show actually) and not run out of new material.
    I also pay for the WSBK and MotoGP VideoPass'. I think it is well worth the money. The MotoGP is more expensive but is a much finer production and all of the extras provide hours and hours of viewing pleasure! Pour a cold pint, pull up to the computer, and enjoy the racing.
    Refined Ruffian
    2010 Speed Triple
    2015 Rocket X

Awesome racing with paper thin margins at the end! Wow!

And, yes, Master West deserves $ome deeper-pocketed backing, for sure.

What's with Triumph's unremarkable finish in the half-liter SS competition at Phillip's Island? the kid's looking like a budding Moto GP superstar for Aprilia now. It's a sure bet that Triumph should have retained PJ who was throwing Speed Triples around for an underfunded American team racing last year on the AMA Supersport circuit...

http://www.motoamerica.com/pj-jacobs...with-mv-agusta
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp