Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Street Cruiser
    I love it when a Honda blows up on track!
    At the start of the season Dovi and Ducati would have never been on my radar for the championship, but they seem to have found something.

The way Rossi is talking in interviews lately it sounds like he's given up on being champion, just wants to be on the podium and see what happens.
    He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Street Cruiser
    Well, Rossi out for 30-40 days with a broken leg.

Too bad.

Street Cruiser
    I hadn't heard that actually thought you were kidding, but yeah, that does suck. Can't believe my daughter hasn't already told me since she's such a huge fan. I hope he heals up and comes back as a contender next year.
    Give Zarco his ride in the meantime? That ought to stir things up.
    He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    Give Zarco his ride in the meantime? That ought to stir things up.
    Yes, that would be interesting.

Great for the fans, Zarco and Yamaha(constructor championship)

Not so great for Vignales and Rossi, maybe

Street Cruiser
    Well, first let me gloat a bit

Moto2

First, second and tenth. First bike.

Not bad for a country without racetracks.

MotoGP.

Good start for Lorenzo, too bad did not get to the end.

Marquez, well he can do what he wants with that bike.

Zarco, 1 point pushing the bike.

Now Marquez and Dovizioso both with 199 points.

Street Cruiser
    That was impressive, wasn't it? Actually I've expected more out of Aegerter before this. And Luthi is like a little terrier isn't he? Just will not quit pestering for that championship! I'm pulling for him.

WSBK in Portugal (?) this weekend.

Dirt Racer
    Oz TV Channel 10 used to broadcast all three classes on free-to-air. Then the buggers sold the rights to Moto 2 and Moto 3 to Fox, so being tight, I don't get to see them.

Now Channel 10 is in financial strife and looks like being bought out by Fox. So one wonders whether we'll get them back, or lose Moto GP as well.

Ah, the workings of the almighty dollar.....
    The Old(est?) Fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzzle View Post
    Oz TV Channel 10 used to broadcast all three classes on free-to-air. Then the buggers sold the rights to Moto 2 and Moto 3 to Fox, so being tight, I don't get to see them.

Now Channel 10 is in financial strife and looks like being bought out by Fox. So one wonders whether we'll get them back, or lose Moto GP as well.

Ah, the workings of the almighty dollar.....
    Much the same for me.

I used to have the minimum possible subscription to Sky, who ran full coverage of all the Moto races, including practise, qualifying etc.

The rights were bought by BT so if I wanted to view after that, I would have to still pay Sky, but make an extra payment to BT, so I cancelled Sky completely and now can only watch the main MotoGP race on free to air TV on the Monday after the race, together with highlights of Moto 2 and 3.

Bastards.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Street Cruiser
    My daughter and I gave up and bought video passes for SBK and MotoGP. The MotoGP especially I really like.

Well, SBK and SSP are nothing if not predictable. Rea's team manager must be the Paddy Lowe of SBK, Rea was on another planet.
    As usual the best racing was in SSP300, top 3 finished within .06 seconds, with Ana Carasco winning. Does that make her the first woman to win a world class motorcycle race?

On a totally unrelated subject, I've gone rideabout and went for the cheapest motel at the end of the day. It has the usual boot prints on the entry and bathroom doors, stained rug, rattling fan etc., but I've just noticed there's glitter stuck to the very stained couch. Did I go too far on the saving money?

I think that the most exciting racing for the last few years has been in the British Superbike Racing.

BSB is always unpredictable re top three and always has 2, sometimes 3 races per event in the top class plus support racing as well.

As for the motels you describe - I think I'd rather take a tent.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene