Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pizza Delivery

still riding the Rocket

Hello all
    Just wanted to let everyone know Im still alive and well and still riding my 06 Rocket. currently at approx. 120k. Milege is more but don't know how much due to speedo going tits up last year. (any suggestions on repair?) Anyhow the bike is running well after all the work I had to put back into it after the L&D fiasco. I should have a front rim avail in a few weeks ($160) getting my other one powder coated. That's all for now.
    2006 Classic,Clearview Windshield,cat bypass TORS,Tank knee pads,Pannier bags,Tall sissy bar and luggage rack, Lazy Rider bag

Welcome back. The speedo unit likely needs replaced since it's electronic.
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Pizza Delivery
    I figured as much but not into spending 500 for it
    2006 Classic,Clearview Windshield,cat bypass TORS,Tank knee pads,Pannier bags,Tall sissy bar and luggage rack, Lazy Rider bag

Keep hitting up these guys, bigfoot. Sooner or later they'll have those gauges for ya' as they are one of the largest motorcycle salvagers in the country, if not the largest... http://pinwallcycle.com/
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Cruiser
    Hi Big Foot.. I was going to post something similar but thought i would just add to your post. I too am alive and well, still ride my beast but less and less these days. Phoenix continues to grow, traffic is hideous, many blue hairs and tons of texting and distracted drivers. My hobbies also changed over the last couple of years and we became grandparents in 2016. Life changes..... I'm also a bit older and definitely more afraid of the time to recover from any injuries. We are looking to travel. Therefore we are looking to sell 2 of our 3 bikes. I'm keeping mine. If you hear of anyone interested in an 05 or 2011 Roadster, let me know.
    Glad to see your still around and riding.
    Cheers
    Liz
    2007 R3 Custom Candy Apple Red

"Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty, I say "Are you gonna drink that?".

Street Cruiser
    Good to hear from you guys.

Big Foot, I'm not even close to that mileage, impressed.

Pizza Delivery
    MzLizz,

I'm kinda interested. See my recent post up above.

Squid

still riding the Rocket

Quote Originally Posted by MsLizz View Post
    Hi Big Foot.. I was going to post something similar but thought i would just add to your post. I too am alive and well, still ride my beast but less and less these days. Phoenix continues to grow, traffic is hideous, many blue hairs and tons of texting and distracted drivers. My hobbies also changed over the last couple of years and we became grandparents in 2016. Life changes..... I'm also a bit older and definitely more afraid of the time to recover from any injuries. We are looking to travel. Therefore we are looking to sell 2 of our 3 bikes. I'm keeping mine. If you hear of anyone interested in an 05 or 2011 Roadster, let me know.
    Glad to see your still around and riding.
    Cheers
    Liz
    Interested. Iím in Tucson.
    Sorry, new to the forum and see that 3/14 was a date. Never mind unless you still have the bike for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess I should chime in too. Ive recovered from my "Harley phase" 🤔. Back on Rocket #4 , I just keep coming back. No replacement for displacement. Oh and I still have my Tiger800xc for the jaunts through the woods.

I cant ever leave the R3. Everything else feels small or uncomfortable. The best thing other than an R3 is the Triumph T/bird Commander. I also tried a few Victorys and Harleys, but they are way behind on everything.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black