Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pizza Delivery

I'm (almost) back....

Am looking at a used 2013 Rocket III Touring 2 tone here in Western Washington with 10400 miles on it for $7500. Carfax has it clean.

Has softbags add on foot pegs, and a trailer hitch???? Opinions? What should I look for?

I've got about 2 days to put a down payment on it.

What happened to the hard bags that come standard on the Touring?

Street Cruiser
    Are you talking about the one at Magic's in Spanaway?
    Badactor's right, the Touring stock should have color matched hard bags. Something ain't right there. Absolutely just my own personal thing but I won't buy a used bike with a trailer hitch, I just don't trust that the driveline's good.
    Did you call on the red '05 in Hoquiam? $5650 seems like a good deal given it has the back rest, luggage rack, shield, and Corbin bags. Maybe he's had the update done to it. Maybe he'll take 5.
    He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Pizza Delivery
    BadActor the PO was supposed to bring in the bags. Hasn't done so.

RocketEd, yes that's the one at Magic's.

A carfax got me a report of one crash with this bike (hit a concrete barrier). Had to be trailered home. A close look showed dents to the rear side of the two front lamps, a dent to the top of the main lamp, some serious slide marks to the r rear passenger foot pad. Guess we know what probably happened to the hard bags. Oh and the detachable front screen is very pristine looking .... yeah the PO story of it being damaged in shipping from Texas to here is .... weak.

Pizza Delivery

A little input on another one.

Here's one on cycle trader. https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...-III-121902610 Any idea what those 4 items are behind the windscreen in the 12th (or so) picture. Speakers maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sojerguy View Post
    Here's one on cycle trader. https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/...-III-121902610 Any idea what those 4 items are behind the windscreen in the 12th (or so) picture. Speakers maybe?
    Surround face sound system? Good looking bike (just not the fastest color, black...)
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Suzuki Titan T500
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Street Cruiser
    call me. 602-326-7774 we have 2 for sale. 2011 Roadster and 2005 R3.
    MsLizz
    2007 R3 Custom Candy Apple Red

"Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty, I say "Are you gonna drink that?".

Pizza Delivery
    After a couple of false starts up here in the Pac NW, the deal is done! Thank god for Carfax, (literally got an answer 'how did you know I turned the bike over in 2013" and "it only damaged the hard bags {the first crash yes, the 2nd was the front end}). Some people. The (new to me) bike ships Wednesday probably. With a little luck I'll be riding Saturday, but most likely next week. Thanks you MsLizz and Martin.

Street Cruiser
    How flippin' awesome is that?!? Congrat's! Even keeping it in the family, so to speak.

Which one did you get?
    He's the kind of Christian who can't see the irony in laying hands on and praying for a homeless woman because she keeps talking to her invisible friend.

Pizza Delivery
    The 05.