Squid

Smile New to R3, been riding long time

Not only new to R3, not much of using computer for forums and stuff. Not a Luddite mind you, just have to spend so much time on computer at work, don't really do it for fun. Been riding over 50 years. Stable includes the recently purchased Rocket 3 Touring, 2013. I also ride a 2013 Victory Hardball and a 2003 Triumph Tiger 955i. Current restoration project is a 1969 BSA 441 Victor Special. Pretty much love anything with a motor and two wheels. And speaking of motor, the R3 is an absolute blast to ride. Traded a Honda ST 1300 to get the R3. While I will miss the Honda, a great bike, not much soul. Kind of like a two wheeled toaster. Super performance, but does not make you laugh just looking at it. Just thinking about the R3 puts a smile on my face. I am hoping this forum will be a good site for information on maintenance and upgrades. Nothing like finding the inside story from the people who ride the bikes. Been a big Triumph fan since purchase of my first new motorcycle, a 1975 Triumph Trident T160.

Welcome to the forum. And yes, the R3 has a permagrin effect....
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Street Cruiser
    Welcome

Welcome!
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Despatch Rider
    big welcome from sunny south thailand

Welcome
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Welcome from New jersey, Dinc.

Enjoy the ride!
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinc View Post
    Not only new to R3, not much of using computer for forums and stuff. Not a Luddite mind you, just have to spend so much time on computer at work, don't really do it for fun. Been riding over 50 years. Stable includes the recently purchased Rocket 3 Touring, 2013. I also ride a 2013 Victory Hardball and a 2003 Triumph Tiger 955i. Current restoration project is a 1969 BSA 441 Victor Special. Pretty much love anything with a motor and two wheels. And speaking of motor, the R3 is an absolute blast to ride. Traded a Honda ST 1300 to get the R3. While I will miss the Honda, a great bike, not much soul. Kind of like a two wheeled toaster. Super performance, but does not make you laugh just looking at it. Just thinking about the R3 puts a smile on my face. I am hoping this forum will be a good site for information on maintenance and upgrades. Nothing like finding the inside story from the people who ride the bikes. Been a big Triumph fan since purchase of my first new motorcycle, a 1975 Triumph Trident T160.
    WELCOME and enjoy your new ride you can get all the info you need on the forum just ask and you shall receive an answer to any ROCKET RELATED questions .
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]