Pizza Delivery

Looking for ideas/input ...

.... directly related to the topic of a new windscreen.

I have successfully purchased and gotten shipped a wonderful 2005 Rocket III classic courtesy of MsLizz n Martin.

No windscreen though. Achey old bones here in the Pac NW. Nothing like sunny Florida or Arizona.

Sooooo other than Triumph and their two offerings, what are my choices and what are your experiences with them?

Thanks

just my two cents.
    Problem one.
    The mounting is the only problem. There are a few non triumph screens that can be used but fail the fitting as the mounts are not set for the R3 upper yoke or the fatty tubes (front shocks)
    The R3 has two factory screens. Last I checked they discontinued the short one and had "summer" size available.
    Expensive but an exact fit to the front end. For the ease of not having to fabricate some pieces, a couple of hundred is not unpalatable.

I bought the larger measured screen as it was the one available. It's not that big. It is wide, but not that tall and I have a taller than average torso frame. I CAN lean forward and tuck behind, but won't like it for days at a time.
    The screen has a slight angle adjustment in the mount that can give a bit more or less slip. I mounted it as low as possible with max slip and the over-air hits my helmet and chest. It doesn't flow over the head. It hits a comfortable spot.

Alternative if it doesn't work out is Clearview used to make a direct replacement that could be ordered at nearly any height and some width choice. Looked like a sliding glass patio door. Protected my 6 ft 6 inch friend. R3 has enough power to get it going but looks odd when still. While he is behind the bars it looks fairly normal.

Best course is to find any one available that fits the bike. Other screen guys have sizes available if its too small
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

I bought a Skid Marxx screen in 06 that was Rocket specific. Over the years it has developed crazing (looks like scratches but aren't). You get what you pay for.
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

I've been satisfied with my Clearview +5, but as Phil said, you need the Triumph mounting hardware since Clearview is a 'screen only' provider. No buffeting from over the top at all - I'm 5' 11" (I do run with Triumph lower deflectors so you might ask another Clearview user if they get flow from underneath without the deflectors.
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Pizza Delivery
    Found some other offerings. Has anyone tried these?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Rock...Make%3ATriumph

http://www.motosport.com/cruiser/win...nd-accessories

Of course I'm still looking for the dual headlight versions. Does anyone have any of the slipstream products on their bikes?

Street Cruiser
    I have a Slipstream windshield on my Corbin and am happy with the quality. The Corbin fairing is also an option for the Rocket BTW, just bring $$$.
    Waay back when on this site Ogre (AKA Andy) successfully mounted what I THINK was a National Cycle windshield with mounts that was meant originally for a Suzuki M109. He did have to trim the windshield bottom a touch to clear the headlights. He was kind enough to let me ride it at the Washington Salvo and I must say I was impressed with the air flow and lack of buffeting. A Search here might find it for you.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Sojerguy, Windvest makes a very high quality product and I believe that their screen comes with it's own handlebar mounted hardware specifically designed for our early model R3s. IMO though, if you're going with something that compact (a screen vs. a windshield) the OEM fly screen is an excellent piece of kit for folks under 6' tall. I sold off the Triumph summer windshield that came with mine and kept and ridden with the fly screen for the past 8 seasons. For max protection I would only mount their 16" X 16" or 16' X 18" offerings to one of our big gals.

http://www.windvest.com/gallery/gallery.html
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Pizza Delivery
    TriumPhil, (not wanting to shorten your handle to TP), am looking at the 16x18, as I'm a bit taller 6'2". Would you go with the smoke or clear. Does anyone else have pics posted with these screens?

Thanks

Pizza Delivery
    Need to apologize for my absence. Been installing a new wood stove (Blazeking Scirocco 20), and the total project has been ballloning. Rebuilding the alcove, adding hardibacker, ceramic tiles, the fresh air inlet, the new Selkirk stove pipes, floor paves, roughing in the wood storage .... yada yada yada, whine, whine, whine. 2 or 3 more days then.... time to cut and stack wood.

Back on the rocket next week.

Street Cruiser
    You can't beat the heat from a wood stove in this wet Northwest. I've cut and hauled 6 pick up loads for my sister in the last 10 days. Couple more will get her through winter '18 -'19. It's getting to be quite a bit of work for this geezer.

Regarding your windshield search, if you don't want to pay Windvest prices keep in mind it's just a handlebar mounted windshield and there are a ton of those available out there.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.