Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Despatch Rider
    big welcome from sunny Thailand have fun

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    It's about time!
    HI OWL my bud with the 1290 SUPERDUKE has stopped riding the bike after several scary moments dealing with TANKSLAPPERS and handling issues hes fed up and says its a dangerous ride thats going to kill him the dealer has gone over the bike and has no solutions for his problems he now wants KTM to buy it back any IDEAS ?
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

I've done over 6500 miles on mine now, Art.

Apart from needing a new rear tyre I've not had a single penny to spend on it. Certainly no tankslappers or anything near it.

It's a proper hooligan bike and I've found it really planted, with quality suspension and brakes.

Is his steering damper working?

I was thinking that his problem may be with suspension set up or a defective steering damper?
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I've done over 6500 miles on mine now, Art.

Apart from needing a new rear tyre I've not had a single penny to spend on it. Certainly no tankslappers or anything near it.

It's a proper hooligan bike and I've found it really planted, with quality suspension and brakes.

Is his steering damper working?

I was thinking that his problem may be with suspension set up or a defective steering damper?
    YES I told him I would talk to you for feedback and i hadnt seen any complaints posted by you and you liked yours . I rode with him several times and saw him losing control so he asked me to try it and I only went a few miles and it started to rain but it was sqiuirrely when I wacked the throttle open but the rain quickly put a dampner on the testing expierience so that was all i had for a ride hes going to drop it off for me to for a complete inspection and test .
    Last edited by IMFASTTOO; 8th August 2017 at 03:59 PM.
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

Street Cruiser
    Art, many have had good luck just doing the basics: Check wheel and swingarm bearings, more rear preload to shift some weight to the front, lower front tubes in the tree for more rake, steering head bearings adjustment, forks not binding, etc. Perhaps replace steering damper or put heavier oil in it.
    I don't know if the Super Dukes had the issue or if it could create the problem, but KTM got a bunch of bad tires for the 1190A and 1290 SA. The front tire on my 1190 was out of round from the factory.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.