Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Rocket for 2018?

Havent been around for a while. Any news on new models of the R3?
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

On YOUTUBE:
    Published on May 21, 2017

2018 New Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ABS
    Triumph Rocket III Roadster, perhaps – the most powerful of all serial cruisers 2300 cc engine producing 146 hp and a maximum torque of 220 Nm simply has no analogues. With these parameters it has and the best-in-class dynamic performance. In addition, the motorcycle can boast a relatively small for the existing equipment weight, excellent maneuverability, stability and controllability, including what contributes to the ABS, a part of the basic equipment.

2018-2019 Triumph Rocket Roadster not only for its powerful specifications, but also the appearance deserves to be called a real streetfighter, muscular, brutal, created for real men. Two large round headlights, matt black color, shifted forward seat and shifted backward steps – the classic Street Fighter.
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Street Cruiser
    I guess I should be happy Euro4 didn't kill the Rocket, but I sure wish they'd make a version available with RBW, ride modes, IMU, etc. There is SO much potential being wasted.
    And I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again, they are feckin' idiots for letting the U.S. bagger craze pass them by. Absolute dimwitted, lead paint eating, mouth breathing, drooling, fecking idiots.
    Or as long as whining, er, dreaming, IMO the Rocket motor is the perfect luxo-barge motor.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

And a Carpenter alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by atomsplitter View Post
    On YOUTUBE:
    Published on May 21, 2017

2018 New Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ABS
    Triumph Rocket III Roadster, perhaps – the most powerful of all serial cruisers 2300 cc engine producing 146 hp and a maximum torque of 220 Nm simply has no analogues. With these parameters it has and the best-in-class dynamic performance. In addition, the motorcycle can boast a relatively small for the existing equipment weight, excellent maneuverability, stability and controllability, including what contributes to the ABS, a part of the basic equipment.

2018-2019 Triumph Rocket Roadster not only for its powerful specifications, but also the appearance deserves to be called a real streetfighter, muscular, brutal, created for real men. Two large round headlights, matt black color, shifted forward seat and shifted backward steps – the classic Street Fighter.
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

The market in the US is dominated by H-D. Likely Triumph masterminds are trying to be 'different' and not offer a "me too" bagger. Where they are missing an opportunity in the touring segment is to take on BMW, not H-D. I agree with RocketEd's position they are missing a significant segment of the riding community. That said, I think I need to run down to Eurosport and take a test ride....
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

Street Cruiser
    IMO they very much wanted a "me too" bagger, which is why they kept throwing good money after bad with the DOA Thunderbird line. I understand the t-Birds are good bikes, it just should have been obvious years ago they weren't going to sell.

With the R3 Touring they have a good foundation to build on, and I'd bet all of Owl's money Harley sells more Street Glides in the U.S. than Triumph sells motorcycles.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

The reason I asked was that someone I know went to a special meeting with Triumph where they had to sign non disclosure agreements. What he told me was dynamite. If anyone remembers what was posted by someone who spoke to a Dutch? dealer, the gist of that appears true, and it was a controlled leak.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

2019 will see a new Rocket. Bigger engine, more sports oriented. Dealers have been informed. But Triumph are keeping all other details under wraps

Sounds interesting - I hope it's true.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by zimtuff View Post
    2019 will see a new Rocket. Bigger engine, more sports oriented. Dealers have been informed. But Triumph are keeping all other details under wraps
    Carpenter will have info on any new bikes a higher out put sporty version making over 200 HP would be a great idea that would sell as I find myself not having interest in other bikes after owning a 265 HP Carpenter bike that can do it all I have no interest in riding the sport bikes or any of the other cruisers on the market since the modded Rocket does it all and its comfy
    Last edited by IMFASTTOO; 5th January 2018 at 11:06 AM.
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]