Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faster Fat Bob?

Hybrid View

Street Cruiser

Faster Fat Bob?

https://motorcycles.harley-davidson....l/fat-bob.html

Looks like the 114 makes around 118ftlb of torque and weighs roughly 150# less than a Roadster. Have we entered the Twilight Zone where stock for stock a Harley will out pull a Rocket??
    Never thought I'd see the day.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

$19k and its maybe close, but it's still a Harley. Looks like that and probably needs another $4k of accessories to maike it "yours" and stylish? No thanks
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Street Racer
    Say what you will about HD, they continually update their products. Triumph on the other hand with the exception of cosmetic changes, has done nothing to update the Rocket since its inception. The Rocket doesn't generate the sales for Triumph and thus gets no attention. At some point they will have to make some major changes to recapture the King of the Hill title, or they'll just let it die. If I was a betting man, I'd bet on the latter. Too bad really.
    Harry

2008 Rocket 3 Touring
    142 HP/149 TQ

I'll hate to see it die, but it's not trying to compete and should. It has had it's own small market.
    It could be the big tourer with just a few tweaks. I like my 05 and will be on it.
    Phil

Retired
    Most Southwestern Rocket III in the lower 48
    San Diego on the LEFT COAST

Pizza Delivery
    Call me an optimist but I think Triumph is going to come up with a Rocket that will make your hair stand on end! (You've got too used to the old one!) It may take a year off, but it may be a mid year into...early 2019 bike! Look for spy photos a month or two ahead of time. When Triumph is ready for it to be seen, it will be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by R3TJohn View Post
    Call me an optimist but I think Triumph is going to come up with a Rocket that will make your hair stand on end! (You've got too used to the old one!) It may take a year off, but it may be a mid year into...early 2019 bike! Look for spy photos a month or two ahead of time. When Triumph is ready for it to be seen, it will be seen.
    I'll be waiting!
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

Quote Originally Posted by R3TJohn View Post
    Its going to happen, the larger capacity engine is happening. Good source.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by pjsmithres View Post
    $19k and its maybe close, but it's still a Harley. Looks like that and probably needs another $4k of accessories to maike it "yours" and stylish? No thanks
    I hear you. Locally, by the time I pay MSRP, F&S, sales tax, $150 doc. fee, and license I'm looking at around $22,000 OTD. And that's if I don't pay any of the dealer markup.
    One disadvantage I see with the Fat Bob is the exhaust looks like it will block any attempt at throwing on decent saddlebags. My Roadie can go from solo seat naked bike to tourer with bags, trunk, passenger seat, fairing and lowers in well under an hour.

I imagine these bikes do handle well though because, let's face it, with a fat front tire, weird headlight, Brembo brakes, 8 valve counter balanced motor solid mounted to a rigid-frame-mimicking mono shock frame, Harley has essentially introduced an updated 1999 Victory and those handled pretty well. My '99 had more chrome and better paint though.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post

Looks like the 114 makes around 118ftlb of torque and weighs roughly 150# less than a Roadster. Have we entered the Twilight Zone where stock for stock a Harley will out pull a Rocket??
    BULL SHOT your dreamin
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post

NOT even close what a dreamer you dont have to worry about that donkey beating any ROCKETS its just another HARLEY PIG LOL
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]