Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Street Cruiser
    I'm guilty of posting infrequently. Some of the exciting ideas and personalities have gone by the wayside. This forum was founded in turmoil, seeking independence and a voice unthrottled by heavy-handed supervision. The battles were social rather than technical, and our forum survived by the force of our aggregate personalities.
    Folks are stimulated by conflict, but constant personal attacks wore us out. Moderation is a bitch.
    Many highly entertaining posters have left in disgust. There is no blame here. Our dedication to free speech was our signature, and we stood proudly by this standard.
    In hind sight, though, any group that tolerates personal attacks will lose those folks who wish to happily discuss the wonders of big machines, experiences of the road, and life in the fast lane!
    Ol' Headbanger, with the Donkey Punchers MC

Lack of and inequitably enforced rules + lotsa' tools = a quiet site, IMO.

It has little to do with the topic discussed, including P&R, where only a few rotten eggs taint the air, because they choose to demean others for their views or behave like juveniles.
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

Street Cruiser
    Disappointing to think there needed to be a forum rule that personal attacks weren't allowed, but there ya go.

I would contribute more to this forum if I could figure out how to post pictures, stories, etc., from elsewhere on the 'net. I need to work on that again.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

here's a post from me..nothing to say really..but a post none the less..carry on..
    06 standard--trips--preds--tuneboy
    ......rollin' like it's stolen......

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    Disappointing to think there needed to be a forum rule that personal attacks weren't allowed, but there ya go.

I would contribute more to this forum if I could figure out how to post pictures, stories, etc., from elsewhere on the 'net. I need to work on that again.
    I can't even get the old photos to come up. Has all beautiful content been erased?
    Ol' Headbanger, with the Donkey Punchers MC

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I think it is a combination of Facebook and the fact that we are largely known as a one bike forum, exacerbated by the fact that Triumph do not seem to be continuing the range with new models.

A lot of our members have 'been there, done that' with the Rockets, so very few new posts are made regarding the bikes themselves, which leaves us with more of a social forum that can give advice for those buying into the brand.

That's my take on it, anyway.
    Hello my old friend, is not just that some very toxic members had a lot to do with people leaving, hope everything is good in your side of the world
    MEX TO THE MAX

Street Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by WJ View Post
    I can't even get the old photos to come up. Has all beautiful content been erased?
    For that you have to thank photobucket new policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MEXICAN View Post
    Hello my old friend, is not just that some very toxic members had a lot to do with people leaving, hope everything is good in your side of the world
    Mex, you old devil! Good to see you back

Yes, I'm certain that the toxic members didn't help, and our (then) policy of letting people get on with it unless it became really bad, didn't help. We thought that peer group pressure, gentle persuasion and grown up behaviour would work. It didn't.

Once the damage was done it was hard to get people back.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Mex, you old devil! Good to see you back

Yes, I'm certain that the toxic members didn't help, and our (then) policy of letting people get on with it unless it became really bad, didn't help. We thought that peer group pressure, gentle persuasion and grown up behaviour would work. It didn't.

Once the damage was done it was hard to get people back.
    I guess you are correct, i see most of the trouble makers not posting anymore so i assume they are gone, it may be safe for me to return
    MEX TO THE MAX

Pizza Delivery
    They are not gone.
    There's just not enough red meat around with so few posts.
    08 R3 Black. YSS shocks, Triples, Preds, Pretech 6pots, TB. DS.