Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Whats happening to this forum?

The amount of posts have dropped off, what happened? I have noticed it is not just this forum but other types such as 4wds. I can only assume Facebook is stealing members as anyone can start up a FB page.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

I think it is a combination of Facebook and the fact that we are largely known as a one bike forum, exacerbated by the fact that Triumph do not seem to be continuing the range with new models.

A lot of our members have 'been there, done that' with the Rockets, so very few new posts are made regarding the bikes themselves, which leaves us with more of a social forum that can give advice for those buying into the brand.

That's my take on it, anyway.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I think it is a combination of Facebook and the fact that we are largely known as a one bike forum, exacerbated by the fact that Triumph do not seem to be continuing the range with new models.

A lot of our members have 'been there, done that' with the Rockets, so very few new posts are made regarding the bikes themselves, which leaves us with more of a social forum that can give advice for those buying into the brand.

That's my take on it, anyway.
    I think you're spot on. The technical stuff hasn't been updated much because Triumph hasn't made a lot of changes. Unless they make a major upgrade like offering Silverbacks off the showroom floor you won't see many jumping into the How To sections.....
    Regards

Atomsplitter

05 Triumph Rocket III
    74 Yamaha RD 350
    79 Yamaha XS1100

"Lessons in Lunacy: Confessions of a Motorcycle Nut" - Author
    "More Lessons in Lunacy: Motorcycle Nut Has A Screw Loose" - Author

IBA #54758

"Only a fool is free, and he only from wisdom." Chiun, Master of Sinanju

I agree with Owl, and you know how that irks me.
    Although there may be no updates from Triumph, I'm always looking for what you guys are doing to your bikes. God knows how much that has cost me in the past, but I'm always looking for more......
    I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me.

How's your mother?
    She's dying.
    We all are, act accordingly.

Street Cruiser
    There's was always a very vigorous interest in the P&R section that could draw in a small group of active members. Presumably all has now been said and, as there's nothing new to talk about as regards the bike itself, so the forum has become very quiet. I'm sad about that.
    Also known as Geoff

Track Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    There's was always a very vigorous interest in the P&R section that could draw in a small group of active members. Presumably all has now been said and, as there's nothing new to talk about as regards the bike itself, so the forum has become very quiet. I'm sad about that.
    THE political stuff is not a good thing on the forum or anywhere for that matter if you want to keep a friendly atmosphere one of the rules should be no P&R
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

Street Cruiser
    I think it is all of the above.
    The politics section probably needed to be done to keep it out of the rest of the forum, but I think I noticed a drop in participation after things got heated and the name calling started. It only takes one fervent believer...
    Some of it too is simple logistics IMO. There aren't a lot of members anymore and I think in most forums 90+% are lurkers, which doesn't leave many to contribute.
    Plus I just think that for whatever reasons this is just a tough crowd.

I've tried various subjects over the years with little luck. First I thought I'd do a road trip thread and encourage others to contribute:

http://www.r3owners.com/showthread.p...=Thoughts+Road

Ok, Captains don't take many big trips, how about day trips, even threw in pictures and harassment:
    http://www.r3owners.com/showthread.p...ocket+Ridin%27

I'll make it simple, one sentence for when you turn over another thousand miles. A chance to humble brag and give visitors an idea how many reliable miles these things can travel:
    http://www.r3owners.com/showthread.p...ighlight=Click

Ok, maybe they tinker more than they ride:

http://www.r3owners.com/showthread.p...t=Rocket+Today

Pretty much crickets in all the above. Helifino.

The Rocket has been almost completely ignored by the factory for almost a decade now, but there is an entire forum section for other toys, and even it doesn't generate any activity.

Are we all just too damn lazy to post?
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    ...I've tried various subjects over the years with little luck. First I thought I'd do a road trip thread and encourage others to contribute:...Ok, Captains don't take many big trips, how about day trips, even threw in pictures and harassment:...I'll make it simple, one sentence for when you turn over another thousand miles...Ok, maybe they tinker more than they ride:

http://www.r3owners.com/showthread.p...t=Rocket+Today

Pretty much crickets in all the above. Helifino.

The Rocket has been almost completely ignored by the factory for almost a decade now, but there is an entire forum section for other toys, and even it doesn't generate any activity.

Are we all just too damn lazy to post?
    Hmmm, since none of that worked maybe we should bring back Miami Dave and the Greatest Ass/Breast threads!

I agree we've all 'been there, done that" on our bikes and mine hasn't hiccupped in years (and I like that reliability, so I haven't tweaked it further). Facebook probably gets all the 'look at me now' posts and new members seem to be few and far between so what are we left with? I'd also like to see more activity on the site (never really paid attention to the P&R section - too much of that everywhere) but it has to be something that captivates peoples attention. I know this is a 'Regional' thing but what ever happened to Rocket Salvos?...Where groups of rider from the forum organized rides in their geographies? I'd sure like to see that come back (maybe I just gave myself a suggestion) and have the resulting pics posted for the forum to see.

I'm sure we'll find our way.
    The beatings will continue until Morale improves. Arrgh!

I have an opinion. I believe that when the format changed years ago, the posts started to drop. I think that this is due to the fact that you no longer receive notifications that someone has added to your post. Facebook and even other blogs still send you notifications of posts. It's much more interactive and engaging. Just my opinion.
    2006 Red Tribal R3 (Or is it...)
    1992 Honda XR (Baja) Enduro
    1984 Honda Goldwing Aspincade (finally sold the dang thing)
    1971 Honda CB450 Twin Special (Restored. Suicide machine)

If you click on 'thread tools' at the top, you can subscribe to any thread, then you will get the emails.
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene