Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Street Cruiser
    You noticed that too?! Last year the Harley team was lucky to finish in the points. I think they MAY have managed one podium. So this year in the prerace show, one of the Harley team was yapping about all the work they'd put in, all the improvement they'd made - and they still finish at the back of the pack. To make matters worse, the only guy to beat the Indians last year switched from Yamaha to Indian.
    I just don't think that XG is going to work in the dirt.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Street Cruiser
    Miller on pole. Crazy bastard went to slicks on a still damp track.

Street Cruiser
    Given there is no comment here after Sunday's MotoGP race, I can only assume I'm the only person here who watches. Too bad, it was epic.

Street Cruiser
    No I watch too, but I usually wait a couple of days before commenting, to avoid spoiling it to others that might not have it watched it yet.

The race was let's say, interesting

Marquez was impressive, ma really went over the top.

The race commission was completely lost , mistakes after mistakes.

- When all the riders, except Miller, went in to the pits to change bike, according to the rules they should have started from the pit lane.
    As it was too dangerous to have 23 bikes start from there, the correct thing to do, to respect Miller, they should have given the start to Miller and after 20 seconds the start to all others. Not just move them back 10 meters.

- When Marquez bike stalled they should have made him start from the pit lane.

- Marquez, after a couple of bumps should have got another ride through, immediately, maybe even a black flag. (But I have to say that Rossi was not too "clean" in the past, so should not complain too much )

Street Cruiser
    Yeah, Miller got well and truly screwed by race direction. The cynic in me doesn't believe for one second it would have been handled that way if it had been Rossi or Dorna's precious little Marquez out there instead of Miller.

My attitude towards MM was softening a little after watching what appeared to be childlike delight in racing to second in Qatar. Now I'm back to thinking he's just a very talented arrogant little prick. I hope Dorna and Honda have a little sit down with him to let him know his actions aren't acceptable. Rubbin's racing, but he carries it too far. Dorna is already having trouble masking all the booing when MM is on the podium, they're going to be really challenged to do that now.

Not to be lost in all the MM debacle was the great racing at the front. Rins' smoke shows were reminding me of Gary McCoy!

Dirt Racer
    Apologies for not commenting before, Ed.... was actually a bit flabbered and gasted.... would have been a long post!

Miller dun pretty good, led for - I think - 14 laps (?).... after MM's ride-through. Unusual for him in the dry, tho he's pretty slick (!) in the wet. Carmela said on MotoGP site that the start situation as it happened had been decided after a previous similar happening somewhere or other... but that Dorna itself is not involved in Race Direction. Bit of a shambles .. but Yak obviously was well aware of the ruling.

And Rossi - poor baby - imaging someone bulldozing him off the track. He would never have done that himself any time.....

Dovi off colour for some reason. Pedrosa bailed early. George... was he there??

I reckon MM's biggest offence was deliberately ignoring the official on the start grid who was obviously instructing him to move to pit lane. That oughta be black flag territory. They canned him a while back at Phillip Island for ignoring instructions (the limited laps/tyre change one.)

You're all too hard on MM tho..... when he came up behind Rossi, he did bip his horn politely and flash his lights as a request to move over. But there's lane hogs everywhere, ain't there?
    The Old(est?) Fart.

I can't get live coverage so I avoid all MotoGP threads until after the replay on Channel 5 Tuesday night.

One of the most exciting races, for sure. All the goings on deflected praise away from the terrific 4 way race at the front.

Crutchlow is not very gracious in victory, is he?
    IBA # 51221

Don't wait for your ship to come in.
    Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    Barry Sheene

Track Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I can't get live coverage so I avoid all MotoGP threads until after the replay on Channel 5 Tuesday night.

One of the most exciting races, for sure. All the goings on deflected praise away from the terrific 4 way race at the front.

Crutchlow is not very gracious in victory, is he?
    HEY that was a wild race very entertaining crazy
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

Street Cruiser
    Apologies for my impatience, gentlemen.
    I also normally wait till Tuesday to post to try and avoid spoilers and because it often takes me that long to catch Moto2 & 3. I just figured with the time differences nobody was going to post. I mean, isn't it approaching Christmas in Australia already?

Funny you should mention that, Owl. With 8 or 10 to go I was predicting a Crutchlow victory, and my daughter commented on Crutchlow's often asshat comments in victory circle. She was right.

Speaking of asshattery, I wonder how long it's going to be before MM realizes that post career his endorsement deals might be worth more if he is less, uh, controversial.

Dirt Racer
    The Old(est?) Fart.