Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Street Cruiser zimtuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by IMFASTTOO View Post
    WELL thats cool lets see the dyno results The HD owners say they have 300 hp v twins running pro chargers Im waiting to hook up with the Procharger HARLEY so he can kick the crap out of my Rocket cant wait I love fast Harleys The same guy says his pickup truck will beet my Corvette also his NICK NAME IS KICK for KICK ASS I love HARLEY guys they are fun

    I know someone who says his Vrod has 280hp with just a cam change,some head work and exhaust. He goes deaf when I ask where he got the dyno figures from.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

  2. #42
    Street Cruiser zimtuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,531
    Quote Originally Posted by atomsplitter View Post
    The last great generation of H-D riders is aging out of the market. H-D will have to appeal to Millennials at some point. Their best bet will be upgrading the V-Rod into competition for the Ducati crowd. Otherwise they're sunk.
    Did you know the Vrod is finished? Discontinued late 2016 I think. It only sold well in Germany and Australia according to HD.
    rosco
    08 Rocket 3 Phantom Black

  3. #43
    Track Champion TriumPhil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Valley, NJ, USA
    Posts
    8,967
    Quote Originally Posted by zimtuff View Post
    I know someone who says his Vrod has 280hp with just a cam change,some head work and exhaust. He goes deaf when I ask where he got the dyno figures from.
    I'm calling it!
    A Man's Reach Should Always Exceed His Grasp

  4. #44
    Track Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bensalem pa usa
    Posts
    7,914
    Quote Originally Posted by zimtuff View Post
    I know someone who says his Vrod has 280hp with just a cam change,some head work and exhaust. He goes deaf when I ask where he got the dyno figures from.
    The modded V rods with cams headwork and exhaust make around 120 HP on a dyno so someones dreaming LOL
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

  5. #45
    Street Cruiser
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hood Canal
    Posts
    2,492
    One thing to keep in mind is while Harley's sales are down, they are still increasing their market share in the categories they sell in.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

  6. #46
    Track Racer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    bensalem pa usa
    Posts
    7,914
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketEd View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is while Harley's sales are down, they are still increasing their market share in the categories they sell in.
    SO your saying those categories are shrinking and some like Victory have ceased production that leaves HD to continue producing but less units
    Last edited by IMFASTTOO; 13th February 2018 at 12:37 PM.
    [url]http://www.carpenterracing.com/[/url]

  7. #47
    Pizza Delivery
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    459
    The movie 'Other People's Money' quotes the Corporate Raider saying
    'An increasing share of a shrinking market is the sign of impending doom',
    or some words to that effect.
    08 R3 Black. YSS shocks, Triples, Preds, Pretech 6pots, TB. DS.

  8. #48
    Street Cruiser
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hood Canal
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by IMFASTTOO View Post
    SO your saying those categories are shrinking and some like Victory have ceased production that leaves HD to continue producing but less units
    Essentially, yes. Bigger piece of a smaller pie.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

  9. #49
    Street Cruiser
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hood Canal
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    The movie 'Other People's Money' quotes the Corporate Raider saying
    'An increasing share of a shrinking market is the sign of impending doom',
    or some words to that effect.
    Makes sense. Harley is increasing market share while selling fewer bikes, making less money.
    The U.S. market IMO is facing a nearly perfect storm of challenges and Harley's sales are predominately U.S.
    A good long ride can transport me from where I am to who I am.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •