Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Street Cruiser

32 Days on the Road

I can't remember the last time I took more than 2 weeks off at once, but this time I'm doing it right

My girlfriend and I are flying to Rochester, NY tomorrow and picking up my Red Rocket the next day from the shipping company. Then we're riding across upstate NY to Lake George to accept David and Pamela Harvey's gracious invitation to ride and stay with them for a couple nights.

From there we'll ride a route David devised for us across Vermont, the Kancamagus Highway through New Hampshire over to Maine and the coast, staying in Old Orchard Beach on the shore. Next, we'll ride down the coast and through Boston, Ma. and Providence, RI to Mystic Seaport, Connecticut for the night.

Next day, we'll board a ferry over to Orient Pt. Long Island to meet up with G-Man and ride the west end of Long Island. He and his wife have also graciously offered us lodging for a couple nights. We'll take a train into New York City the next day then the following day we'll all head out for the Pa. Salvo at the Blackwell for 3 days and nights of good times and good rides. I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of east coast Captains (anything east of Ohio is east to me).

Sunday AM, we're off to Washington, DC to make sure the monuments are still there. Monday, we begin 3 days of riding through the Shenandoah Nat'l Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then 2 days of riding some "must ride" routes around the Tail of the Dragon and south into Suches, Georgia (thanks to RocketCaptTodd for those )

From there we'll ride down to Jacksonville, Florida for the night. Next day we'll ride the Florida coast to Palm Beach Gardens to visit my nephew for a night. Then across Old Alligator Alley (Hwy 41), take an airboat ride, and on to Sarasota for the night.

After this, we'll ride around 250-300 miles/day sightseeing along the Gulf of Mexico coastline through Gulf Shores Alabama, Biloxi Mississippi and New Orleans over to Houston, Texas. Then up through Texas, New Mexico into Arizona where we'll stay with relatives in Phoenix and Lake Havasu for a couple days each. The last leg is over to Paso Robles to meet up with RedR3 for dinner and a morning ride and back home. I figure around 7500 miles, not counting whatever Lake George, Long Island, the Pa. Salvo, the Dragon and RedR3 add to it.

Anyone who wants to hook up for part of a ride, dinner or whatever, my cell is 916-759-6932. Won't take a laptop along, but I'll update everyone when I can along the way. We should get back on October 7th
    Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul.

Street Champion
    Because I am GREEN with envy. What a spectacular trip. Wish I was there.
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Look forward to meeting you at the PA Salvo...

Mike....
    '06 Caeruleus Blue Rocket III - BoostIsGood Garrett Turbo
    '09 Husqvarna TE-610
    '05 Yamaha TTR-230

That is an awesome trip...our paths will be close...I leave PA on Thursday, September 20 headed for Front Royal, VA, which is the gateway for the Skyline Drive. Then head out early Friday morning down to Perry, GA for three days of riding in Northern Georgia...I'll try and touch base with you when I'm in that area...who knows.

Ride safe.
    TOR's...They sound as good as I remember...they're grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Just a little further, I want to see what's around that corner.

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger--Rod Stewart

Street Cruiser
    You'll be right behind us Grey...we'll be riding the Dragon on the 20th and staying at Fontana Village. You ride safe also

Turbo, we need to start a CA. Salvo to turn these Captains on to some of our roads...like the 138 miles of curves on Hwy 36
    Four wheels move the body, but two wheels move the soul.

Excellent! You're gonna love the Blue Ridge parkway

Where you stopping for a new set of tires? Or you gonna take it easy with a pillion? Suggest you ride the Dragon 2-up then do a fast solo run
    DC - (57209)

Track Racer
    Sounds a great trip , have a good one

Street Cruiser
    sounds great
    Do memory lapses get worse as you get older,or did I have a bad memory when I was younger,but did,nt have so much to remember

Pizza Delivery
    That is an awesome route, I wish I could come along, I am extremely jealous...

As noted above make arrangements for that tire, they don't last long, particularly the way you ride . my first one only lasted 7000 miles and I had to go 200 miles outta my way in New Mexico to get a replacement.

If you don't mind, what's the shipping costs for the Rocket? and how is it being shipped?

Ride safe and be careful.

Street Cruiser
    Just an update for Steve's Californy buds..he and Debbie spent Friday and Sat with us here in Queensbury. On Sat. we took a cuppla hunnert mile ride around the Adirondacks doing Tracy Road and going up to Lake Placid to see the Olympic venues, etc.. They had a blast and got at least a little 'feel' for some of our local twisties. Sunday was apparently a day from hell for Stevo.. his goal was the Maine coast near Portland and his route was going to take him over the Appalachian Gap in Vermont and the Kangamangus Hwy in New Hampshire. It was forecast for pouring rain all day so I advised him to skip the App Gap entirely (droppin 1500 vertical feet in 2 miles on rain slicked roads ain't good fer yer health)which he did decide to avoid but otherwise to stay to the route. It rained cats and dogs here in Queensbury all day. We got a call late Sunday night..he and Debbie arrived safely in Maine but he was freezing cold..a local in New Hampshire persuaded him to stay off the Kanga as well so he took some circuitous route over to the coast. In a day or so he links up with G-Man on Long Island(heaven help him !) and then they join the troop at the Pa Salvo later this week.

Anyway, his pecker is done totally froze but otherwise he's alive and well

David
    I can count to 21 with my fly zipped. Can You?