Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by curt_mcginty
    I propose that we all meet up there around 9:00.
    What?? Aren't we going to meet at Farmer Boys in Brea for breakfast like last time??? Oh well, so much for reminiscence. Or is that "looking back"?

Sorry I mentioned it.
    DarkSiders never look back

Street Champion
    I heard from Bib, the Norton Owners Club, Hansen Dam Ride (Best Ride by a Damn Site!) is for sure on. Everything is set. I will ride the T120, and will need a little head start over my RIII mounted brethern. I agree with Curt, we should meet there by 9:00. for me that means leave my house by 7:30 AM. I have such a small tank and running wide open on the freeway burns so much gas that I am always worried about fuel. If we arrive at the Dam and decide to go for gas, it is more than a mile EAST on foothill to the nearest gas station. If we aren't on fumes you can just relax, do the ride and as soon as you reach the 14 highway, you pass by two large stations. I just never enjoy the first part of the ride if I am listening for the engine to cough and die.
    Anyone want to ride with me, (but the Bonnie only does 70-80 on the freeway) we can meet at my house, or I can swing by the Triumph shop, or the Farmer Boys across the street. But I do want to arrive at the dam by 9:00 so I can pay my dues and see the show! Figure to leave the shop/Farmer boys by 7:30 AM.
    NDGNS1 it would be great for you to come with us. You will enjoy seeing the wide variety that shows up for Norton events. Always some Vincents, Ariel Square 4's and a flood of Triumph's and BSA's. Some Nortons have survived, but when you ride with those lunatics you will wonder how any of the bikes survived at all. Ton up indeed!
    DarthTriumphant, which Farmer Boys are you talking about? Love to meet for breakfast! Does that work for this Sunday and the Dam ride? Hope I am not screwing up the just beginning Toms Farm thing, which is REALLY something I am looking forward to.
    Rudy, you gotta come with us! Even if you do the ride, and stop for lunch you will be back at the Dam by 2:00 PM and should be able to make the Train.!
    Curt I hope I can ride with your buddy on the Guzzi. Great looking vintage bike. It will be great.
    So lets do a head count, who's in and who wants to ride alone or in packs?
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboFan
    I will ride the T120, and will need a little head start over my RIII mounted brethern. I agree with Curt, we should meet there by 9:00. for me that means leave my house by 7:30 AM.

Anyone want to ride with me, (but the Bonnie only does 70-80 on the freeway) we can meet at my house,

NDGNS1 it would be great for you to come with us. You will enjoy seeing the wide variety that shows up for Norton events. Always some Vincents, Ariel Square 4's and a flood of Triumph's and BSA's. Some Nortons have survived, but when you ride with those lunatics you will wonder how any of the bikes survived at all. Ton up indeed!
    Hey turbofan.. Even though Im on a 2300cc motorcycle.. Im really just a 250cc kinda rider..hahaha Im pretty sure Im going to try to make the trip. If so...I would be happy to hang back with you.. Im very comfy at 70-80mph.

My only prob is, Im about due for new tires? I have to see about getting some before the weekend
    AKA George

Street Champion
    NGDNS1 if you think you need tires, IMHO you need them yesterday. Everyone here has had or knows someone who has had marginal tires and went for a ride and at the first gas stop sees the steel cords. Don't chance it. Get the tires asap and we will ride together soon.
    Motorcycles are like shoes. You wouldn't wear boots to church. You can't get by with just one motorcycle.

Pizza Delivery
    Yea turbofan...

$380 bucks is meaning I may not make the trip...urrrggghhh...

yea, I noticed this past weekend my rear tire is pretty much balding right down the middle
    AKA George

I have an extra Metzeler rear with a couple of thousand miles left in it, oh one with the unpronounceable moniker!!

Pizza Delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Triumphant
    I have an extra Metzeler rear with a couple of thousand miles left in it, oh one with the unpronounceable moniker!!
    where you at? how much?

Triumph is pushing about $380 for the tire + installation..

I have a buddy with a shop who said he could prob work me a better deal.. but they are moving thier shop and won't be open til next week...
    AKA George

Im in Corona. You're in San Diego, right? Why don't we meet in Temecula or Rainbow? There's a nice cafe right off the freeway in Rainbow.

I've only kept the tire so I can look at it side-by-side with my new Yokohama.

No charge, I'm helping a Captain. But I'm afraid I don't know an installer except the one that had to cut off my last Metzeler yesterday. Anyways the tire is yours for the taking if you'll meet me half-way. And if you find an installer before Sunday you can go on the Hansen Dam ride. Otherwise, you'll still have a tire that'll last you for awhile. You can't lose!!

Pizza Delivery
    hey darth.. when can we meet up?

Rocket motors will charge me 110 to install

my friend will do it for 75 bucks..

Ive put on 5k miles in just about the 3 months that Ive owned the bike and I think the rear tire was suppose to have been fairly new..

shoot if I could get a tire to get me through another month or two .. that would really be helpful right about now...
    AKA George

Street Cruiser
    $380? You dealer is cornholing you friend. http://www.parts411.com/acbasp/stores/1 ... 027C0.aspx $185 and they are in San Dimas. I'd definately check stock before showing up, but if I recall they were like $35 to mount too. I had my rear done at Wilson's in Fresno, closest dealer, 100 miles, and they were $230 installed.

Shop around. Sure wish this wasn't the end of my busy time, I'd love to come to Hansen. Drove by there twice a week for 13 years. Four days off since August 26th. Ugh.
    Member #3 of the ORIGINAL R3 Owners Forum!
    THATS .COM!
    Ol' Dragstrip King of Popes of Hell MC